PDA

View Full Version : Απεβίωσε ο Dennis Ritchie

Ichigo
14/10/2011, 00:15
Δεν υπάρχει το 2011 :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Οι γνώστες ξέρουν τι εστί Dennis Ritchie και πως η C διαμόρφωσε την πληροφορική και τα λειτουργικά συστήματα που όλοι τρέχουμε από Windows Linux & Mac εως και άλλες γλώσσες προγραμματισμού όπως η Java.

We lost a tech giant today. Dennis MacAlistair Ritchie, co-creator of Unix and the C programming language with Ken Thompson, has passed away at the age of 70. Ritchie has made a tremendous amount of contribution to the computer industry, directly and indirectly affecting (improving) the lives of most people in the world, whether you know it or not.

I am very fond of the C programming language. Despite all its flaws, I love the simplicity of C, and the raw power it gives me. And his book "The C Programming Language" (co-authored with Brian Kernighan) truly set a standard for excellence. I remember, right after I finished reading the book in my freshman year, I gained a sense of invincibility - that there would be no language too hard to learn, no program too difficult to write. Of course, naïveté was in play then, but it was nonetheless an eye opener, and I loved what I saw.

Here's my tribute to the great Dennis Ritchie, a word cloud made of words from the book "The C Programming Language." Not just a few paragraphs, but words from the entire book. The top 10 most frequent words are function, declaration, expression, character, pointer, return, int, program, operator, and value. The top word, function, appears a total of 717 times. Those who have read the book would not be surprised by this list, as Kernighan and Ritchie wasted no time on fluff, but instead focused on getting the concepts across.

RIP, Dennis Ritchie.

http://blog.tagxedo.com/rip-dennis-ritchie-father-of-unix-and-c-58975

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
printf("goodbye, dad\n");
return 0;
}

:sad: :sad: :sad:

p@nos
14/10/2011, 00:22
σημαντικη απωλεια...λιγοι καταλαβαινουν τι δημιουργησε....

rip

nikos_abel
14/10/2011, 07:51
Άλλη μεγάλη, τεράστια απώλεια. Και εμείς αρπαζόμασταν για μακ και γουίν και γιούνιξ και ποιος την έχει
μεγαλύτερη...

Yianniss
14/10/2011, 08:18
Το ασπρο βιβλιο με το μπλε C στη μεση ειναι η βιβλος της C. Δεν υπαρχει φοιτητης που να μην το εχει διαβασει αυτο το βιβλιο. Βοηθαει κ μετα τα φοιτητικα χρονια αν ασχολιθεις.

argy_kap
14/10/2011, 09:00
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από p@nos

rip

+100000000

CIRUS
14/10/2011, 09:04
RIP :(

perastikos
14/10/2011, 14:28
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από Yianniss
Το ασπρο βιβλιο με το μπλε C στη μεση ειναι η βιβλος της C. Δεν υπαρχει φοιτητης που να μην το εχει διαβασει αυτο το βιβλιο. Βοηθαει κ μετα τα φοιτητικα χρονια αν ασχολιθεις.

Έεεετσι! Το "ευαγγέλιο" της C!

R.I.P.

megalexandros
15/10/2011, 23:59
O Jobs <ανακαλυψε> την apple και ο Ritchie ολοκληρο το <applefield>:lol:
ΣΕΒΑΣΜΟΣ.
Οχι τιποτα 'λλο, να βαζουμε τα πραγματα στη θεση τους. :wave2:

nassosxlvbros
16/10/2011, 00:25
Rest In Peace...Mr Ritchie...

:(

andgeo
16/10/2011, 08:17
RIP

guzzistas
16/10/2011, 12:14
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από p@nos

rip

+όσα

R.I.P. :sad:

Acacius
18/10/2011, 13:38
Τα αποτελέσματα του έργου του είναι σχεδόν ασύλληπτα σε μέγεθος πλέον.

Αιωνία του η μνήμη.

p@nos
18/10/2011, 15:06
a

TROOPER
18/10/2011, 15:13
λοιπον πεθανε και αυτος,ζωη σε μας.