PDA

View Full Version : BMW F800GS Rear Suspension Adjustment

MikeG
07/04/2013, 20:50
Ψάχνομαι το τελευταίο διάστημα (πάλι) να σεττάρω τη πίσω μου ανάρτηση ξανά, μιας και καλοκαιριάζει & ο πίσω τροχός σε κάθε στροφή γλιστράει σε σημείο να με φοβίζει αρκετά κάποιες φορές.
Έπεσα λοιπόν πάνω σε ένα thread στο advrider.com, στο οποίο ένα μέλος έχει γράψει τα παρακάτω :

"I spent the day tuning the rear suspension. Starting off with figuring I would go with a 28% compression with my weight. Comes to a 60mm "drop" when sitting.
Had to do this myself, so I taped a caliper to a tripod, with the bike vertical, chose the support bar for the panniers to measure from. Set the calipers on the bar, then sat on the bike with my normal gear on. Preload all the way "off" (all the way counter clockwise) and dampener at the 1.5 turns ccw from full "lock" (clockwise or full stiff dampening) per BMW.
I weigh pretty damn close to 187 lbs, but the neighbors would not want me out working and sitting on my bike NEKKID! So...BMW has 0 Preload and Dampener 1.5. Start there.
My total gear and normal things on bike came to 220 lbs (the bike already has the crashbars, pannier bars, tool tube with 1/4 gal of gas, bashplate and TT tool holder w/ tools in it. Full tank of gas in bike. What all that weighs..don't know.
Trial and error got me to 3 cw clicks (1/2 turns) of the Preload knob to where I got 5 different measurements between 54mm and 62mm. Close enough. Each round of measurement included getting off the bike, lifting the rear then compressing the spring up and down 2-3 times, then reset the caliper, back on bike. Repeat.
I then decided to setup a plumb bob with a fishing weight to hang off a set point (used license plate bolt) and FINALLY got it to be 60mm off the ground for future use. Left it hanging.
I weighed and loaded up the panniers and repeated the whole process at 320 lbs. Plumb bob consistent with this set also.
There is a F800ST configurator on the internet I found (Thanks DaddyO at F800riders), figured and reset the code to go with the F800GS numbers, dampener, and preload settings. I am not sold on the dampener settings and think that goes to more of a feel thing to me, but....anyway. Mine usually stays at the 1.5.
I have a PDF file and the configurator up in my site.
The numbers are basically averaged between the 3 different "data points" I got with my bike loaded as above. I took a ride to test the settings and definitely have a more confident feel in the corner. Back end felt more stable, especially cornering over crosswalk paint/tape (hate that chit!). I had it set up before at 15 clicks and 1.5 turns prior. Gonna ride these numbers for awhile and then make adjustments as needed. Want to get one more data point with 400+ lbs, but need to load all camping gear setup and a pillon...none of that today. "

Το site λοιπόν που προτείνει τις ρυθμίσεις με βάση τα κιλά : http://www.photos4aidan.com/actions/F800GSPreload.html

& εδώ το original θέμα στο advrider : http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652349