PDA

View Full Version : Reviews for Africa

afrotwin
22/09/2004, 12:41
Εδώ διαβάζουμε η γράφουμε της εντυπώσεις μας
Για το Africa twin

REVIEW Honda Africa Twin XRV750 - 2002
Date Posted - January 5 2004 Rating : 8

Bought this in September and havn't stoped smiling since. If you like chin on the tank, bum in the air, knee on the ground, this probably isn't the bike for you. If you want out and out fun on something that bit different then it could well be. Honest grunty, thumpy power of a big twin, good handling and just eats up the miles. Caution though, it's tall! great for visability and comfort but if you don't have legs of a certain length, be very careful of stopping or manouvering on acute cambers! If it goes over you have a real problem cause light weight it aint! If you get the chance take a test ride, I did, just for fun, and decided I wanted it. Handles well (respect the limitations of the knobly tyres) good brakes, relaible, responsive, can be loaded like a mule and practical for commuting or touring. Ray

Ray
England

afrotwin
22/09/2004, 12:44
REVIEW Honda Africa Twin - 1998
Date Posted - July 17 2003 Rating : 8

I have owned many bikes. The Africa Twin is one of the best. Good handing. Very good balance. Good road presence. It is a bit under powered compared with other bikes but in the real world on real roads it can overtake any car with a twist of the throttle. Cruises all day at 80 mph for 45 mpg. On small roads I have easily been able to outpace so called Sports bikes. Good fun and not as tall as the roadtesters suggest. Try getting both feet flat on any large sports bike. Very under rated in my opinion. Ride one and be surprised.

Adrian Molloy
England

Honda Africa Twin - 1998
Date Posted - February 19 2003 Rating : 9

What a stonking good bike. I'm 21 and I could be driving a Nova but inatead I bought this at 19 and fell in love. Loads of grunt, loads of presence, plenty of comfort and I get a 200 mile tank range most of the time. It also leaves Fireblades for dead up country roads. Took it greenlaning one day, it coped brilliantly but it took me hours to clean it! Build quality is better than newer bikes that I've seen. I added an Arrow exhaust and Touratech seat, both brilliant. I wouldn't change it for the world!

steve
england

Honda Africa Twin - 1991
Date Posted - September 7 2002 Rating : 8

Bought two years ago with very low mileage on the clock for year (10,000 miles) I have added a further 16,000 in all weathers. Very reliable. Added taller screen as wind blast over 80mph real pain (I am 5'11). Could do with a little more bhp. A smaller rear sprocket has helped on motorway cruising, also seat uncomfortable after 100 miles, otherwise great presence, good visibility, great load carrier e.g camping two up etc. Any tips on performance extras luggage etc

garry
england

Honda Africa Twin - 2000
Date Posted - May 18 2002 Rating : 9

Great bike and at last in a beautiful black color with matching hand protectors. I like to cruise with this bike and take my time to admire the surroundings. It feels like I am on a magic carpet, absorbing all the bumps of the road (most B-roads in Greece are full of them). I have even driven the bike in places suitable only for pure enduro bikes (like KTM and Husabergs) and as if that wasn't enough, with another companion in the passenger seat! I have finally found a bike that is both very practical and has the looks to make you fall in love with it.

Aris Trochanis
Greece

Honda Africa Twin - 2001
Date Posted - May 3 2002 Rating : 9

Owned a '99 Honda Blackbird (what a great tool). Bought a small house in Rural France. After 2 years on the 'Bird needed to slow down (too many cameras). Saw a fair few big trailies in France, tried one, loved it. What an absolute hoot to ride, great build quality (typical Big H), superb road presence and it will not go to 180 mph. Well comfy on the 500 mile round trip across the water and 200 mile tank range if you don't cane the tits off it.

Tony Cook
England

afrotwin
22/09/2004, 12:47
Honda Africa Twin - 2001
Date Posted - Feb 27 2002 Rating : 3

After many years of riding sports/tourers, I decided that the time had come to ride something a little less radical, so I bought the Africa Twin, what a stonking bike, plenty of grunt, a great riding position, you can see for miles. It's fast enough and reasonably economy (if you dont cane it) and has great presence. The only down side I have noticed is the quality of the build! Mostly so the spokes and nut and bolt fastners, which in six months despite meticulous cleaning have turned into a fuzzy black mess, not what I would have expected from a new bike, worse still, is the apparent disinterest both from my local dealer and Honda U.K. Methinks another Honda wont be on my shopping list next time!!!!

J Place
England

Honda Africa Twin - 1991
Date Posted - Feb 24 2002 Rating : 8

It΄s a very good bike.I bought my twin last summer on July and I get 9000 kilometres on the meter. I agree with the dude who said it needs more power and I installed Laser exhaust and dynos and k&n filter. The result was not that great. Fuel consumption went to sky and it started stalling. SO the mixture was wrong. Newer rely on professionals but do it yourself. After couple of hours of tuning it started to work nicely. But the money I spent did not equal the power it gained. Here in Finland we have a lot of curly dirtroads as you have probably seen on Neste Rally. On that kind of roads the bike is on its best.It brings out the devil in normal man like myself. Otherwise the bike is fantastic and I΄m waiting for the season to start on april.

Hannu Peltonen
Finland