PDA

View Full Version : Τι Ευρώπη, τι Ιαπωνία.....

dirtbird
20/09/2007, 12:33
Διαβάζω ένα thread στο ktmtalk σχετικά με το valving και κάποια προβλήματα αξιόπιστης λειτουργίας σε μέσο χρόνο και...... φτάνω εδώ.....

The Yamaha's would destroy shims while the KX isn't as bad. YZ has a 32 mm piston KX is 28mm.

The YZ also had the infamous cylinder valve, so the fork had a couple of problems. The CV would leak, which saved the MV shims, but because of how overstressed the MV was they would eventually cup. And to replace those involved unpeening the cartridge body.

Time frame maybe 50 hours with no jumping, unlees the CV let go then they would last longer.

I mentioned it and so has Lew, you ask for the latest whizbang technology, but have to realize when it is delivered now you must deal with it on all levels. Maintenance is a level. Check out the fuel injection thread, I hope I'm wrong but if fuel injection on off road bikes follows like other technology, you are only getting closer to dealer only service.

I heard a rumor the guys that engineered the KTM 1/4 turn fuel cap were promoted to the WP suspension department, they envisioned and opted for the breakthrough 12mm rod, and have now been promoted once again to the fuel management department (Fuel Injection), they did a quick stint between promotions selecting the small battery to electric start these off road bikes too. Conversation then became garbled and I could only understand something about it's all ball bearings and anti-freeze nowadays, then something about sheep, rabbits and pancakes. Then my service lost them. I do know that the team is Akira and Hong, the guys that did the non sealed air filter boot on the CRf's a couple of years ago, before being transferred to Hondas metalurgy lab to design intake and exhaust valves, they also moonlighted and did the RMZ250 valves, and prior to that the low mileage YZ400/426f rubber gearbox, the one that rounds the dogs off the gears to allow smoother shifts with the engine off.

These guys are good. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Αντώνη

ΔΕΝ πρόκειται για πρόβλημα αλλά ελπίζω να διασκέδασες με το κείμενο.....

(ο συγκεκριμένος που το γράφει -από όσο έχω καταλάβει από άλλα posts- είναι industry insider...:winka:

OldMan
20/09/2007, 12:58
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Αυτά δεν νομίζω να οφείλονται μόνο σε υπερβολική κατανάλωση αλκοόλ ...:nono:

(κάτι πιο "βαρύ" παίρνει ο μάστορας...):winka: