FP2

vassilis88
21/09/2007, 11:39
στα δευτερα το γιαμαχα ανατιναχτηκε!:eyepop: :bigcry:

road spirit
21/09/2007, 11:45
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από vassilis88

αν πάρουμε ως παράδειγμα την πορεία της σουτζούκι τα πρώτα 2 χρόνια που ξεκίνησε να εξελίσει το κινητήρα με τις πνευματικές βαλβίδες (πολλές εγκαταλείψεις, πολλά προβλήματα στην απόδοση γενικώς...), να είστε προετοιμασμένοι για ανάλογα συμβάντα και στη γιαμάχα μέχρι να αποκτήσει το know-how και να φέρει το νέο της κινητήρα σε ανταγωνιστικά επίπεδα απόδοσης-αξιοπιστίας...

και ισως να μην είναι τυχαίο που έβαλαν τωρα αυτόν το κινητήρα... θεωρώντας οτι το πρωτάθλημα ειναι ουσιαστικά χαμένο, να είπαν να αφιερώσουν το υπόλοιπο στην εξέλιξη του νέου μοτέρ, ρισκάροντας πλεον με εγκαταλείψεις, ωστε να το έχουν έτοιμο στην νέα σεζόν

road spirit
21/09/2007, 11:47
ααααα, και ο στονερ αρκεί να μαζέψει μόλις +1 βαθμό απο τον ροσσι για να στευθεί πρωταθλητής σε αυτόν τον αγώνα
:rolleyes:

GIXXERAKIAS
21/09/2007, 11:50
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από vassilis88

Τι να πεις?Μα σπονσορας ειναι αυτος ρε παιδια?Αφου ολοι το ξερουν οτι τα ιταλικα σπανε!:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Ειναι σαν να ανοιγεις καινουργιο μαγαζι και να σου σκαει πρωτος πελατης ο Μητσοτ..... ΕΕΕΕΕ ......(eυτυχως το προλαβα,θα επεφτε ο σερβερ :lol: )..ο Ακατονομαστος!Την φουτσισες πριν καλα καλ το καταλαβεις!:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

panayiotis
21/09/2007, 12:02
Rossi: we are a long way behind

Valentino Rossi has conceded that his Fiat Yamaha team are a long way behind their rivals at the Japanese Grand Prix after a difficult opening day of practice.

The Italian could manage no better than 14th, having suffered an engine failure in second practice and being forced to take his spare bike. But with teammate Colin Edwards only three places further up the order, he is under no illusions about the task his team need to undertake if they are to turn things around.

"Today was very, very hot, much more than we expected," said Rossi. "We're a long way behind because unfortunately we were following different set-ups with my two bikes and the one that was working better had a technical problem. On my second bike, with the different setting, I wasn't able to improve and so here I am in 14th.

"The situation with the tyres is not so good and we have a lot of work to do, even if we know that Michelin can work here because they are in front with another rider. For us the situation isn't great at the moment and we need to find a way to turn this around.

"It's the first day and I know that if we can improve a few things then we can be in a better position. We have to do the maximum tomorrow and see where we get to."

Edwards said that the one glimmer of hope for the team was the fact that a tyre they tried out late on appeared to lift their performance by around one second per lap.

"This morning and early this afternoon things were not looking good at all," said the American. "We couldn't find the right setting or the right tyre and we were crossing our fingers that something was going to work out for us.

"Mid-way through the afternoon however we tried our last tyre and we were immediately one second faster, so at least there's no doubt now that's the right direction to follow.

"We've got a lot more work to do, both on setting and with the tyres, so we need to have a good look at the situation tonight to make sure we make the most of the time we've got left to us.

"We were two seconds off the pace and now we've closed that gap to one but that's still way too much and we're really going to have to pull out all the stops tomorrow."

panayiotis
21/09/2007, 14:01
Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi suffers disastrous start to Motegi

MotoGP Valentino Rossi has cast serious doubt on whether he will be able to prevent Ducati’s Casey Stoner from wrapping up his first MotoGP world title on Sunday after the Italian’s disastrous start to this weekend’s Japanese MotoGP.

On a weekend when he must defeat Casey Stoner to prolong the Australian’s certain MotoGP world championship success, the Italian could not have made a worse start in the Twin Ring Motegi.

Problems with grip with his Michelin tyres and a spectacular engine blow-up with Yamaha’s new pneumatic valve YZR-M1 motor this afternoon left Valentino Rossi languishing down in 14th place on the timesheets at the end of the opening day of free practice.

Asked if he had any hope of defeating Stoner to at least prolong the championship battle to Australia next month, the Fiat Yamaha rider said: “For sure it is very difficult.

“But today Casey made some mistakes or had some problem and was a little bit nervous with the other riders. I don’t want to say it is impossible but it is difficult.”

The crux of the problem for Valentino Rossi came once again from the lack of performance with his Michelin tyres. That was highlighted twice today when he spent spells following the factory Kawasaki of Randy de Puniet and the D’Antin Ducati of Brazilian veteran Alex Barros.

“I stayed four laps behind de Puniet and only three or four corners behind Alex but they have a lot, lot more grip in acceleration. They are able to use all the track without a problem.

“With Michelin it is like we use one line and if we make a mistake we lose a lot of time. With Bridgestone they ride like they want. They go wide and they can comeback and it’s a lot easier.

“So the difference is big, especially for 24-laps because with our tyre if you make a mistake you pay a lot more and its like with Bridgestone it all becomes a lot easier.

“In fact, if you see the lap times there are different riders, different styles on different brands of bike but the lap time is fast anyway. We know Bridgestone here is very strong but the reality is maybe worse than what we expected.

“When I open the throttle the acceleration is too aggressive and I spin,” said a downcast Rossi, who couldn’t blame all of his problems on Michelin tyres today as Dani Pedrosa dominated by topping the timesheets in both sessions.

Valentino Rossi revealed he is likely to revert back to Yamaha’s conventional spring valve engine tomorrow after the catastrophic failure today.

Rossi had a blow-up with 22 minutes of the second session remaining in which he was one of only four riders not to improve their time from this morning.

Valentino Rossi said it was too much of a risky strategy to run the pneumatic valve motor again, with the 28-year-old suffering an engine failure for the second time in three weeks.

He added: “I don’t know yet what happened but something exploded. In Misano it was a bearing and this was is not a bearing for sure. The feeling was a lot worse.

“In Misano it was possible to have the same problem with the old engine also. I’m not sure yet, but maybe we have to go back to the old engine because here the stress on the engine is strong.

“There is a lot of acceleration from first gear, so you stop, restart, stop and restart and the engine is always under stress. For me sincerely it is too risky to try with the new engine.

“Maybe we have to go back to the normal bike. The performance of the new engine is a little bit better but the reliability is not so good. For me tomorrow (Saturday) we have to try one and one.

And if the difference is not so big maybe we use the old one. I’m not sure yet. In Portugal we did a lot of laps without any problem. For me it’s the style of the track and this one is very strong for the engine.

“We have to make a meeting later but I think tomorrow we will try the old one. They have to understand the problem. The good bike had a problem with the engine and I have to use the other and sincerely I’m not fast enough.

“I think it’s possible to make better but it’s difficult. We have problems with the character of the engine at this track, especially in the last part of the track. I am struggling a lot because I don’t have enough grip.

“I arrive always quite close by Turn 10 but then I lose half a second just in the last part. Our bike is a little bit too aggressive from the bottom and for this track it is not helping.

“I need always to wait too much to open the throttle. We are not very far but we need to improve because 14th is not what we expect.”

Ζεύκας
21/09/2007, 14:36
τι ώρα ο αγώνας?

vassilis88
22/09/2007, 08:27
3 μαγνητοσκοπηση. live δν ειδα πουθενα αν θα το δειξει!

o dani εχει κυριαρχησει παντου! αντε να παρει κ το warm up αυριο, γιατι στον αγωνα μεχρι 2ος..:lol:

qp

1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 45.864 secs
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 46.255 secs
3. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 46.575 secs
4. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 46.643 secs
5. Toni Elias SPA Honda Gresini (B) 1min 46.804 secs
6. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 46.912 secs
7. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 46.997 secs
8. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 47.047 secs
9. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 47.121 secs WTF????
10. Marco Melandri ITA Honda Gresini (B) 1min 47.136 secs
11. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 47.163 secs
12. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 1min 47.295 secs
13. Kousuke Akiyoshi JPN Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 47.316 secs
14. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 1min 47.334 secs
15. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 47.367 secs
16. Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 47.714 secs
17. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 47.914 secs
18. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 48.085 secs
19. Akira Yanagawa JPN Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 48.569 secs
20. Shinichi Ito JPN Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 49.548 secs
21. Kurtis Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 1min 50.035 secs

THRESH
22/09/2007, 21:03
Ξέρει κανείς,αν έγινε κάτι μεταξύ Stoner και ενός άλλου οδηγού( δεν θυμάμαι το όνομα του) στα ελεύθερα της Παρασκευής??
Μιλάμε οτι ο Stoner τσατίστηκε σε τέτοιο βαθμό που του σήκωσε "μεσαίο" δάχτυλο φωνάζοντας κλπα...Πληροφοριακά.

Μακάρι να έχουμε καλό αγώνα αύριο.Ο αγώνας θα μεταδοθεί σε μαγνητοσκόπηση στις 14.30 στην ΕΤ3 με το γνωστό, cult πλέον δίδυμο,Διατσίδη-Σκλαβενίτη:rotflmao:

panos_sin
22/09/2007, 22:40
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από THRESH
[B]Ξέρει κανείς,αν έγινε κάτι μεταξύ Stoner και ενός άλλου οδηγού( δεν θυμάμαι το όνομα του) στα ελεύθερα της Παρασκευής??
Μιλάμε οτι ο Stoner τσατίστηκε σε τέτοιο βαθμό που του σήκωσε "μεσαίο" δάχτυλο φωνάζοντας κλπα...Πληροφοριακά.

Με τον Checa έγινε...ψηλοπραγματα...

monarxis
23/09/2007, 07:46
RESPECT

...στον (και μαθηματικα πλεον:D ) παγκοσμιο πρωταθλητη 2007 STONER!!!

:a19: :a25: :a18: :a20:

1.Capirossi
2.De puniet
3.Elias T
4.Guintoli (!!!)
5.Melandri
6.Stoner
7.West
8.Barros
9.Hayden (:yuck: )
10.Hopkins (:sad: )
11.Vermeulen
12.Tamada
13.Rossi (:rolleyes: )
14.Edwards
15.Ito (? )
16.Nakano

:beer:

Lupo
23/09/2007, 07:50
Πολύ ωραίος αγώνας πάντως.

:wave2:

monarxis
23/09/2007, 07:59
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από Lupo
Πολύ ωραίος αγώνας πάντως.

:wave2:

Yes Lupo...nice battle :D

Japanese GP - Capirossi wins, Stoner takes title!!!!

Loris Capirossi claimed his first win in a year after gambling on slick tyres early on at the Japanese Grand Prix, but his joy was nothing compared to his team-mate Casey Stoner, who became world champion by finishing sixth.

Stoner's title, his first, capped a sensational win for Ducati and Bridgestone, who also took their inaugural crowns...

nktR
23/09/2007, 08:23
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από monarxis

2.De puniet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

αποκάλυψη ΤΩΡΑ !!!!

ΚΑΙ ΤΕΡΜΑΤΙΣΕ ΚΑΙ 2ΟΣ !!!!!!

ΤΕΛΟΣ ΣΤΗ ΜΙΖΕΡΙΑ ΚΑΙ ΣΤΗΝ ΓΚΡΙΝΙΑ......

.....ΝΑ ΞΕΚΟΥΡΑΣΤΟΥΝ ΚΑΙ ΛΙΓΟ ΟΙ ΜΗΧΑΝΙΚΟΙ ΤΟΥ ΠΟΥ ΤΟΥΣ ΕΧΕΙ ΠΗΔΗΞΕΙ ΝΑ ΦΤΙΑΧΝΟΥΝ ΤΗ ΜΟΤΟ ΤΟΥ 2 ΚΑΙ 3 ΦΟΡΕΣ ΣΤΟΝ ΑΓΩΝΑ !!!

*ξανά μέγκα μαλακία του τεάμ φίατ panda-prada ....
και κρίμα για τον τζαπανέζο Kousuke Akiyoshi που μπορούσε να κάνει πολλά !!!
και ο Pedrosa είναι στα.....χάι του.....:winka:

επανάληπση .....

09:30
Motorrad
FIM WM - Japan GP Rennen der 250ccm-Klasse
30 min

10:00
MotoGP
FIM WM - Japan GP Rennen der MotoGP-Klasse
55 min

monarxis
23/09/2007, 08:29
Casey Stoner is the 2007 MotoGP World Champion!

1. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 47min 5.484 secs
2. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 47min 16.337 secs
3. Toni Elias SPA Honda Gresini (B) 47min 17.100 secs
4. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 47min 17.676 secs
5. Marco Melandri ITA Honda Gresini (B) 47min 34.053 secs
6. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 47min 36.663 secs
7. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 47min 55.485 secs
8. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 47min 57.827 secs
9. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 47min 59.113 secs
10. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 48min 5.199 secs
11. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 48min 8.288 secs
12. Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 48min 14.797 secs
13. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 48min 15.183 secs
14. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 48min 17.219 secs
15. Shinichi Ito JPN Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 48min 17.774 secs
16. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 48min 38.463 secs
17. Akira Yanagawa JPN Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 47min 34.190 secs
18. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 48min 3.727 secs

dessert
23/09/2007, 08:37
:sun:

:a25: :a44: :a46: :a44: :a25:

:a17:

yannis27
23/09/2007, 10:30
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από dessert
:sun:

:a25: :a44: :a46: :a44: :a25:

:a17:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

nikosbike
23/09/2007, 13:02
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από nktR
[B]αποκάλυψη ΤΩΡΑ !!!!

ΚΑΙ ΤΕΡΜΑΤΙΣΕ ΚΑΙ 2ΟΣ !!!!!!

ΤΕΛΟΣ ΣΤΗ ΜΙΖΕΡΙΑ ΚΑΙ ΣΤΗΝ ΓΚΡΙΝΙΑ......

.....ΝΑ ΞΕΚΟΥΡΑΣΤΟΥΝ ΚΑΙ ΛΙΓΟ ΟΙ ΜΗΧΑΝΙΚΟΙ ΤΟΥ ΠΟΥ ΤΟΥΣ ΕΧΕΙ ΠΗΔΗΞΕΙ ΝΑ ΦΤΙΑΧΝΟΥΝ ΤΗ ΜΟΤΟ ΤΟΥ 2 ΚΑΙ 3 ΦΟΡΕΣ ΣΤΟΝ ΑΓΩΝΑ !!!

Ετσι μπραβο αντε να χαρουμε και εμεις οι kawasakiδες λιγο γιατι ολο φταναμε στην πηγη και αντι να πιουμε νερο μαζευαμε ανταλλακτικα.....!!!!!:p :p :p :p

monarxis
23/09/2007, 13:11
Πλακα στη πλακα η Kawasaki σημερα τα πηγε μια χαρα ως ομαδα.Αν αναλογιστουμε βεβαια τα πλασαρισματα των Yamaha,Suzuki και Ηοnda...

Βραχυπροθεσμα θα δουμε αν η αγωνιστικη παρουσια της Kawasaki εχει συνεχεια( διαρκεια)...

panayiotis
23/09/2007, 17:46
Livio Suppo hails the start of a 'Stoner era'

Ducati team boss Livio Suppo is confident that Casey Stoner's 2007 title will be the first of many.

In only his second year in MotoGP and his first season as a Ducati rider, Stoner dominated the championship - winning eight races and sealing the title with three rounds to spare by finishing sixth at Motegi today.

"Now I can say honestly that we have found a new era," Suppo said.

"Casey is by far the best rider of this season.

"I think we have been lucky to sign Casey, to be honest. Everybody knew he was fast, nobody in this paddock knew he could be world champion this year.

"In history it never happened that a rider doesn't win a race (in his rookie year) and then in the second year he wins the championship."

Ducati had double cause for celebration at Motegi as Stoner's teammate Loris Capirossi rebounded from a difficult season to win at the Japanese track for the third successive year.

"For sure it's the best day in my racing life, by far," Suppo said.

"It's an unbelievable feeling, especially because I think the best (film) director in the world wouldn't have been able to put together a day like this - with Loris winning for the third time in a row in Motegi and Casey winning the championship."

Suppo added that he took particular pride from the fact that Ducati had won the title so soon after joining MotoGP. Its success is the first championship for a non-Japanese manufacturer since 1974.

"It's unbelievable that after only five seasons we win the championship," said Suppo.

"Yamaha took 12 seasons, and they had to sign Valentino (Rossi) to win the championship.

"Since 1974 a European, and Italian, manufacturer didn't win the championship, so it's something special. We are proud of it and it's a dream come true."

Suppo also praised Bridgestone's contribution to Ducati's success, and said he was glad that he gambled on switching to the Japanese tyres early in Bridgestone's MotoGP programme.

"For sure I pushed hard to get this decision," he said. "I knew if it was wrong I was in trouble, and if it was good, it was good for us. In life it makes sense to take risks."

red_monster
23/09/2007, 22:09
Ωραίος ο stoner, πανάξιως προταθλητής, αλλά... ο παλίος είναι αλλιως
ΘΗΡΙΟ ο Capirex ,έκανε φοβερό αγώνα.
Έλεος δώστε στο Rossi ένα μηχανάκι της προκοπής:)

marmel.gr
25/09/2007, 18:07
ευγε του....
το αξιζε...
ειχε καταπληκτικη χρονια....

marmel.gr
25/09/2007, 18:08
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από red_monster

Έλεος δώστε στο Rossi ένα μηχανάκι της προκοπής:)
και τι θα γινει?:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yannis27
25/09/2007, 18:39
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από marmel.gr
και τι θα γινει?:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You dont want to know:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

marmel.gr
25/09/2007, 22:47
α καλα....:beer:

panayiotis
27/09/2007, 09:07
Michelin blames Yamaha for Motegi issue

Michelin has hit back at Yamaha over the problem that wrecked Valentino Rossi's Japanese Grand Prix.

Rossi was set to finish ahead of Casey Stoner and prolong the title contest for another round until he made an additional pit stop after believing he had a tyre problem.

"The first impression was like the tyre was flat, so I stopped, but I restarted and after four laps I had temperature from the tyre but already my race was over," Rossi said after the race. "The tyre was normal, but it was like it didn't work, it was too cold."

But Michelin's motorcycle tyre manager Jean-Philippe Weber said the issue was down to Yamaha's use of the tyre rather than a fault with the design.

"When I read the Yamaha press release, in which we were being accused for Valentino's problem, I couldn't believe it," Weber was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"What happened? I can say that the tyre blankets on Rossi's bike were put on and taken off three times, so the temperature obviously had a drop.

"Then the pitlane was still wet when Rossi rejoined the track, and this contributed too.

"And lastly, I think the set-up was too stiff, and we had warned the team about it."

Speaking after yesterday's post-race test, Rossi acknowledged that Yamaha now believed the problem was caused by a lack of tyre temperature.

"It seems that the problem was the temperature; when I re-entered the track after the change the pitlane was still wet and the temperature of the front tyre dropped drastically," he said.

"That's why Colin (Edwards) and I could not ride the bike in the very first laps; we both had the same problem."

H.A.Balafoutre
27/09/2007, 11:14
Το καλύτερο το είπε ο Biaggi, ναί ο Max, σε μια κυριακάτικη εκπομπή στην Ιταλική τηλεόραση, όπου έδωσε τα εύσημα στους Ducati-Stoner, είπε πως ενώ άλλοι πέρυσι δεν έβγαζαν τσιμουδιά για τα λάστιχα και άλλοι φέτος το έκαναν μίζων θέμα....αλλά όταν τον ρώτησαν τελικά πόσο μεγάλη σημασία κάνουν τα λάστιχα είπε πως αν νιώθεις τα λάστιχα να κρατάνε....μπορείς να κερδίσεις και με μια μηχανή 3 ετών παλιά.

Παρόλο το καθικοστύλ του, τα είπε πολύ καλά.

panayiotis
27/09/2007, 20:14
Casey Stoner’s biggest test still to come

Valentino Rossi’s crew chief Jerry Burgess believes Casey Stoner’s biggest test is still to come as he paid tribute to the Australian’s brilliant 2007 MotoGP world championship-winning campaign.

Casey Stoner became the first Aussie to win the premier class crown while not riding under the wing of Jerry Burgess. This was when Stoner’s sixth place in last weekend’s Japanese MotoGP condemned Fiat Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi to his second successive MotoGP world championship defeat.

Jerry Burgess though believes the acid test for Ducati's Casey Stoner will come next season when he looks at mounting a successful defence against what is certain to be a stronger threat from Valentino Rossi and Honda rival Dani Pedrosa.

Asked whether the biggest examination of Casey Stoner would come now he has to develop the factory Ducati GP7 to keep the likes of Valentino Rossi at bay, Jerry Burgess told MCN: “Certainly that’s the next hurdle and chore that he needs on his CV.

“Ducati have done a great job in producing the bike this year for him and they will be taking down info and data and problem areas on the bike from all their riders, but they would have been listening specifically to Casey.

“He will always be the leader in that team. I can’t see anybody in the foreseeable future coming along and doing anything other than contributing his bit. I think he will still be the standout rider at Ducati next year,” said Burgess.

Burgess also joined a number of other people in the paddock in saying that Casey Stoner deserved to be given all the credit for his brilliant 2007 season, which saw the 21-year-old shrug off his prolific crasher tag to win eight races.

Casey Stoner has had to contend with accusations he’s only winning because of the superior performance of his Ducati and Bridgestone tyres.

But Jerry Burgess, who won world titles with Wayne Gardner and Mick Doohan, said: “Without any question he should be given the credit because there are three other guys on the exactly the same package. The only thing you can factor in is Casey.

“I’ve seen it before with Mick (Doohan) and Wayne (Gardner). Once they start to win they understand what they are doing. I didn’t see it so much with Valentino because he was winning way before we got hold of him.

“But even when Valentino started to win on the 500 he continued to win and I don’t think Casey is any different. When you have beaten everybody out there a couple of times you don’t doubt yourself anymore.

“And I don’t think Casey ever doubted his ability. He’s done an excellent job.

“He was always very fast in his first year and he showed great speed on the bike generally and was able to make lap times very quick, just as he has done this year. He’s in a top team now and doing a top job.”

Jerry Burgess was crew chief to Mick Doohan when the Brisbane rider dominated the premier class with five successive titles between 1994 and 1998. And Burgess reckons there are similarities between the Aussie legend and Casey Stoner.

“You can certainly see a bit of Mick Doohan in him in his attitude to some things. But that’s what it takes. He knows what he needs and from what I know he’s fairly short with the words if things aren’t right.

“But give him what he wants and he will do the rest,” added Burgess.

Burgess admitted that like so many others he didn’t consider that Stoner would pose the serious threat he proved to be in 2007 when he signed for Ducati 11 months ago.

He told MCN: “Last year when he signed I don’t expect I did. When I spoke to him in previous seasons the objective was always to get into MotoGP and that was always more important than actually where he was.

“But he showed enough potential to certainly get our (Yamaha) attention. In the end he moved to Ducati and I’m sure he’s very happy where he is and I’m sure they are happy they’ve got him.

“The logical progression would have been to see Casey closer to the front than he was last year, but now he’s a bit too close to the front for our liking here at Yamaha but I’m very happy for him that its worked so for him. He’s been able to achieve the goal he set out to achieve.”

Pondering the question of whether Casey Stoner offered a more potent threat to Valentino Rossi in the future than his past sworn enemies like Max Biaggi and Sete Gibernau, Jerry Burgess added “From our point of view we will be looking at him and whoever else is going fast.

“We haven’t seen a great deal from Dani yet and the fact that Casey has been successful would be grinding away at Dani more so than anybody else.

“Rightly so because Dani put the wood on Casey in the other classes and everybody here expected the next genuine champion was going to be Dani.”

Jerry Burgess said time will tell on whether Casey Stoner has the capability of becoming the dominant force in MotoGP, with Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi winning another four straight world titles after their maiden success.

He added: ““We have to wait and see but obviously I would like to make that as difficult as I can for him. If he’s up to it then we respect the effort and the talent. It’s our job to make sure that he doesn’t do that being on the other side of the fence.”

Jerry Burgess said he knew Valentino Rossi’s world title fight against Casey Stoner was going to be a battle not even the Italian’s talent could win way back at the Laguna Seca MotoGP in American in late July.

“In Qatar in 2006 Casey led that for a long distance so we knew he would be fast in certain race tracks. He was fast in Qatar, we led the race and he passed us.

“We could see a difference in machinery but the riding was on a par with each other. There’s certainly nothing like getting that first win out of the way.

“By China we knew the speed of the Ducati and by Le Mans he was away by that stage. Certainly from my point of view all possible chance of the world championship went at Laguna.

“Realistically perhaps the fall in Germany was a big thing. Out of all that was what was glaringly obvious from Le Mans through to Assen was we entered Le Mans 21-points behind Casey and after Assen we were still 21-points behind him.

“So in four races he hadn’t got away and we hadn’t closed the gap. As we moved on it wasn’t like last year when Nicky (Hayden) couldn’t beat us. It was a case of a guy who could beat us.

“If we could beat him one week he was just as likely to beat us the next. From then I was fairly convinced at Laguna that barring a lot of luck falling our way it was all over,” said Burgess.

road spirit
28/09/2007, 11:31
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από panayiotis
... But Jerry Burgess, who won world titles with Wayne Gardner and Mick Doohan, said: “Without any question he should be given the credit because there are three other guys on the exactly the same package. The only thing you can factor in is Casey.

οταν ο γκουρού αρχιμηχανικός των gp (5 τίτλοι με doohan, 5 τιτλοι με Rossi [1 στα 500, 2 στη χονδα, 2 στη γιαμαχα], και Χ ?? με gardner) λεει κατι τέτοιο, τα υπόλοιπα για το αν το τίτλο το πήρε το desmo, η τελική της ντουκατι, τα λαστιχα κλπ κλπ, ειναι αμπελοφιλοσοφίες. Τελος.

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 17:27
Rossi puts pressure on Yamaha

Valentino Rossi says that he will consider his options for the future if he does not see a greater effort from Yamaha.

The Italian, who won five straight titles in the top class of MotoGP from 2001-2005, has missed out on the title for the past two years, and he believes that the Japanese side of the squad must take a lot of responsibility for the team's problems.

"If we want to win the title again, then we need the people in Japan to put in more effort," Rossi told Italian magazine Motosprint. "They must work their butts off.

"For 2008 I have a contract with them. If they show me we can still fight, fine. Otherwise we could make a different choice."

Rossi admits that he is disappointed with how slowly this year's bike has been developed, and he has urged Yamaha's bosses in Japan to be more aggressive in the future.

"We need to stop suffering from the slowness of a big manufacturer," he said. "We need to be more aggressive and more courageous in the decisions and the development of the bike.

"This is what we have lacked this year. We had a big disadvantage at the beginning of the season, and it's not as if we improved so much in the engine. Besides, every time we do something new it breaks down."

Rossi says that the Yamaha management in Japan who are not directly involved in the team may be disappointed that he has not repeated the championship successes that he had in his first two years with the manufacturer, but he feels that the extra performance must come from the manufacturer.

"I don't know what the people outside the team thought of our results," he said. "They expect a lot from me, so another second place, after having won the first two years, may be a disappointment.

"But at this point it's up to them to demonstrate something to me. Now they too must put some more into it."

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 17:29
Jerry Burgess urges caution on one-make tyre proposal

Valentino Rossi’s crew chief Jerry Burgess said switching to a one-make tyre rule for 2008 is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction by Dorna which has no guarantee of improving MotoGP as a spectacle next season.

Jerry Burgess said the proposal gave Michelin no chance to respond to the onslaught from Bridgestone this season, and was also effectively punishing the Japanese factory having spent millions to become the dominant tyre brand in the premier class.

“I think that competition always improves the products. You don’t have all the 100 metre runners running on the same shoes.

“They didn’t change the rules of tennis because Pete Sampras was winning and they don’t change golf because somebody else is winning,” said Burgess.

“It’s up to the people who are getting beaten to put the effort in to try and win because everybody wants to win. I can’t speak on behalf of Yamaha but I think there has got to very, very careful discussion.

“It’s very clear it’s a knee jerk reaction. A few years back Carmelo (Ezpeleta) created a rule where the tyre companies had to give him one year’s notice if they were going to leave, now he’s saying I’m going to kick two out, or even three maybe.

“That’s certainly a knee-jerk reaction.”

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 17:30
Bridgestone blame Valentino Rossi for one-make tyre proposal

Bridgestone boss Hiroshi Yamada believes Valentino Rossi has been the ringleader of a campaign to switch MotoGP to a one-make tyre rule in 2008.

Hiroshi Yamada admitted he was ‘very disappointed and shocked’ to learn that Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta had proposed a one-make tyre rule, during last month’s Japanese MotoGP, with the plan greeted with fierce opposition by the three tyre manufacturers.

And he believes Valentino Rossi has used his considerable influence to get Dorna to propose such a radical rule change.

“I think the power of Rossi is very strong with Mr Ezpeleta. I believe he is the main reason for this,” said Yamada, who added it was too early to announce whether Bridgestone would bid for the exclusive contract.

What has infuriated Yamada even more is the rule would arguably penalise the Japanese factory more so than rivals Michelin and Dunlop.

Having spent millions on development, Bridgestone has emerged from high-profile disasters to become the dominant tyre brand in MotoGP.

He is upset that at the first hint of problems for their rivals, most notably Michelin duo Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa, Dorna is proposing a radical rule change.

Yamada confirmed the reason Bridgestone had refused to supply tyres to Yamaha and Honda’s factory teams in 2008 was to ensure competition remained.

He was aware Michelin would quit if they lost Yamaha and Honda.

“I am very, very disappointed. Our intention was not to supply Honda and Yamaha to keep competition. This has not been decided yet but if they decide to go to one-make rule then I’m very disappointed.

“If we have no competition then I won’t have the same feeling again that I did in Motegi when we won the championship. We weren’t expecting such a situation.

“Now we have to discuss internally about what our response will be and how we will approach the situation,” Yamada told MCN.

Asked if Bridgestone could supply tyres to the entire MotoGP grid for a test session in Valencia on November 6, 2007 – when a decision would only be taken by the Grand Prix Commission in Sepang on October 20 – Yamada added: “This would be very difficult in that time frame.

“We have 10 riders this year but maybe we have to supply 19, and maybe even more for test riders. Doubling the capacity is normally impossible.”

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 17:35
Dunlop boss concerned about one-make tyre plan

Dunlop boss Jeremy Ferguson has expressed concerns about MotoGP switching to a one-make tyre rule for 2008.

And Ferguson admitted it is too early to contemplate whether Dunlop will bid to become the exclusive tyre manufacturer in MotoGP next season, if the new proposal is given approval in the Malaysian GP later this month.

Ferguson said that Dunlop, Bridgestone and Michelin had always fought to avoid MotoGP following World Superbikes and Formula One by adopting a spec tyre rule.

“We don’t want a one-make tyre rule. The view of the tyre companies has been consistent for two years.

"The tyre companies want and have always been told by Dorna that they want open competition. When we were asked to come up with a proposal for the tyre regulations that are now in force, part of the reasoning behind it was to avoid any possibility of a one-brand subject coming up.

"The regulations were introduced and as far as the tyre companies go, the regulations work and we are all quite happy.

“Inevitably when you have competition occasionally somebody is better than somebody else and somebody wins and somebody loses, but that’s the nature of competition.

"We were asked to consider whether we thought any regulation changes were required to improve the situation. We unanimously agreed that no change of any significance was required, “said Ferguson.

Like so many others in the paddock, he concurred with the view that the one tyre brand proposal was a knee-jerk reaction to only a handful of dull races.

He denied that the implementation of a one-make tyre rule was now inevitable, but conceded: “Clearly it would be out of character for Carmelo (Ezpeleta) to have put it on the table if he didn’t think he had a reasonable degree of support from some quarters.

"I think the whole question has been a knee jerk reaction. Without supporting Michelin you are looking at a couple of races where they got beaten. That’s competition.

"If you look at the championship there is one Bridgestone rider who is leading and then two Michelin riders. In that sense it has absolutely been a knee-jerk reaction over the last few weeks to a problem that we as tyre manufacturers don’t really see as a problem. “

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 17:36
Michelin ‘shocked’ at one-make tyre plan for 2008

Michelin boss Jean-Philippe Weber has spoken of his shock and disappointment at plans for MotoGP to implement a one-make tyre rule next season.

Plans unveiled in Japan, as it became apparent that Honda and Yamaha had lost faith in Michelin’s ability to compete against rivals Bridgestone, could spell the end of Michelin’s success story in the premier class.

And Weber said: “This is a big shock for us. We were even more shocked because we had just given the new tyre regulation proposal for next year. So we thought that for 2008 it was still open for all tyre manufacturers.

"Suddenly the new proposal is already concerning the 2008 season. So this is the reason why we were extremely surprised.

"It is disappointing, because all the tyre manufacturers agreed that we want open competition. We know that it’s really difficult and we hope that everybody will be clever enough to make the right decision in order to keep that competition for the next year.

"MotoGP has prototype bikes, tyres, and high level riders and we are really surprised that this is coming so strongly. It looks as if everybody gets good competition and suddenly you have got somebody deciding to change something urgently.”

Weber refused to be drawn on whether he thought it disrespectful and disloyal on Honda and Yamaha’s part that both were looking to jump ship at the first hint of another tyre brand holding an advantage.

Bridgestone have won twice as many races in 2007 and in Motegi last month the Japanese factory ended 15 years of Michelin domination in the premier class.

And despite highlighting to Honda and Yamaha bosses plans to increase investment and development for 2008, it has not been enough to convince the Japanese factories so far Weber though warned Yamaha and Honda that a one-make tyre was no assurance that they would be able to beat new world champion Casey Stoner, or at least get a return to a more exciting spectacle.

“Those who ask to have spec tyres next year, depending if they have to switch to another brand or not, will have to face probably many other problems. Where we will be upset is that if the conclusion at the end of 2008 is that maybe the competition was not so bad.

"By then maybe at least two tyre manufacturers would be out of the game. And that’s really disappointing, because all these companies spend a lot of money and develop technology because they want to improve.

"To do something in such an urgent way seems not realistic based on what the tyre manufacturers are doing.”

Weber confirmed it was too early to know whether Michelin would make a bid for the contract, should it be put out to tender after a final decision is taken on the proposal in Malaysia later this month.