PDA

View Full Version : New wold champion!

23/09/2007, 15:57
:sun:

λουκυλουκ
23/09/2007, 16:14
μαγκας ο stoner!!!η ducati ειναι πολλα χρονια μπροστα!!!!!μεσα στη γιασπαν τους εκλεισε το σπιτι.
μπραβο σε ολους....:D :D

MikeG
23/09/2007, 16:19
:a013: :a013: :a013:

Αναμονή μέχρι να μπει η BMW στο MotoGP.:D :winka:

Tropeas
23/09/2007, 17:45
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από MikeG

Αναμονή μέχρι να μπει η BMW στο MotoGP.:D :winka: αααα καλάαααααααααααα....
ρεεεεεε πιες μωρέ καμιά ρακί να συνέλθεις... :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :lol: :wave2:

23/09/2007, 18:25

την ειδαμε και τοσα χρονια στη φορμουλα 1!!:lol:

23/09/2007, 18:25
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από λουκυλουκ
μαγκας ο stoner!!!η ducati ειναι πολλα χρονια μπροστα!!!!!μεσα στη γιασπαν τους εκλεισε το σπιτι.
μπραβο σε ολους....:D :D

+1:sun:

MikeG
23/09/2007, 18:35
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από Tropeas
αααα καλάαααααααααααα....
ρεεεεεε πιες μωρέ καμιά ρακί να συνέλθεις... :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :lol: :wave2:

Εγώ ρακάκι θα πιω..Αλλά θα με θυμηθείς:winka:

dessert
23/09/2007, 18:50

Αμήν και πότε...;;;;
Άντε να δούμε καμία μάχη της προκοπής!!!!!

23/09/2007, 18:56
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από dessert
Αμήν και πότε...;;;;
Άντε να δούμε καμία μάχη της προκοπής!!!!!

τι να πω...

μακαρι αν κ πιστευω πως ηδη εχουμε αρκετες μαχες:winka:

FZMAN
23/09/2007, 20:10
Συγχαρητήρια στον STONER την DUCATI και την BRIDGESTONE. Αποδείκτηκαν το καλύτερο πακέτο.:a013: :a013: :a013: :beer:

panayiotis
23/09/2007, 20:37
:p

23/09/2007, 21:40
να ρωτηξω κατι ασχετο?:rolleyes:

ο στονερ ποσο χρονων ειναι?

MikeG
23/09/2007, 21:41
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από losttris
να ρωτηξω κατι ασχετο?:rolleyes:

ο στονερ ποσο χρονων ειναι?

Αν δε κάνω λάθος 21.:winka:

GIXXERAKIAS
23/09/2007, 21:42
Νομιζω οτι ειναι στην ηλικια μου στα 22 ρε Ηλια.Δεν ειμαι σιγουρος παντως.:winka::D

panayiotis
23/09/2007, 21:43
:a19: :a19:

GIXXERAKIAS
23/09/2007, 21:45
Ωραιος ο πιτσρικας εβαλε ΚΑΙ τον Ροσσι μεσα!Μπραβο του παντως που το λεει χυμα οτι ειναι ο ηρωας του!:beer:

ΔΕΝ ΤΟΝ ΧΑΛΑΣΕ ΟΜΩΣ!!!:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

monarxis
23/09/2007, 21:45
και οι πρωτες δηλωσεις του champ...:D

Casey Stoner said: “I really don’t know what to say. We didn’t really expect to win the championship here.

“We thought we’d go out and give it a go and try to score some more points. But to come out and win the championship with still three rounds to go, it’s an absolute dream.

“Just to win the championship is a dream, but to win it with such a big advantage is incredible. I’ve got to thank everybody that’s worked so hard this year and through my entire career to get me to where I am.

“There’s been a lot of people in my life who helped get me here, a lot of people that believed in me(i mean the greek fans in moto.gr), and a lot of people that didn’t. It’s nice that I can give the people that believed in me a gift, which is this world championship. And to prove to the people that didn’t believe in me we can do it.

“It proves that if you never give up anything can happen. My parents have sacrificed so much for me to be here. I have to thank them probably the most for my whole career.

“My wife Adriana who’s been here the last few seasons has just been excellent and since we’ve been married she’s been here every race and supporting me, so I’ve always got somebody there for me. That’s been a lot easier this year.”

panayiotis
23/09/2007, 21:53

23/09/2007, 22:29
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από GIXXERAKIAS
Νομιζω οτι ειναι στην ηλικια μου στα 22 ρε Ηλια.Δεν ειμαι σιγουρος παντως.:winka::D

:D

κι εσυ τι κανεις εδω???

τραβα οδηγα να του μοιασεις!!
εχεις μεινει πισω!!:rotflmao:

Runner Ducati
23/09/2007, 23:18
:beer: :beer:

Casey Stoner video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfOBY01uL1c)

EVI
24/09/2007, 15:39
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από GIXXERAKIAS
Ωραιος ο πιτσρικας εβαλε ΚΑΙ τον Ροσσι μεσα!Μπραβο του παντως που το λεει χυμα οτι ειναι ο ηρωας του!:beer:

+750

alximistis
24/09/2007, 15:43
Ο Βάλε... που ήταν;;;;;;;;
ΠΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;

14 οε οε οε 14 οε οε οε οε... :D

idi
24/09/2007, 15:46
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από FZMAN
Συγχαρητήρια στον STONER την DUCATI και την BRIDGESTONE. Αποδείκτηκαν το καλύτερο πακέτο.:a013: :a013: :a013: :beer:

+1 :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

idi
24/09/2007, 15:49
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από alximistis
Ο Βάλε... που ήταν;;;;;;;;
ΠΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥΟΥ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;

14 οε οε οε 14 οε οε οε οε... :D

εισαι χαλιας :a06: :a56:

ikarosk
24/09/2007, 18:07
Επιτέλους το πήραμε!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Αντε και του χρόνου.

ktm640lc4
24/09/2007, 19:42
Αμα ηταν λιγο πιο μικρα τα κεφαλια θα ψαρωνα λεμε........

:eyepop:

panayiotis
24/09/2007, 19:43
Stoner: we deserve more credit

Stoner believes he and his Ducati team should get more credit for the way they have dominated this year's championship, the Australian admitting he is tired of hearing about Bridgestone's superiority.

The 21-year-old finished sixth at last weekend's Japanese Grand Prix to secure his first MotoGP title with three races to spare.

The Australian also became his country's first champion since Mick Doohan won the 500cc crown in 1998.

Stoner and his Bridgestone-shod Ducati have won eight races as the Japanese tyre manufacturer seemed to have adapted better to this year's regulations. Stoner's main rival Valentino Rossi, riding a Yamaha with Michelin tyres, has won four races.

The new champion admitted he is tired of suggestions that Bridgestone should get most of the credit for his dominance, although he also praised the Japanese manufacturer for the job it has done this season.

"I'm really tired of listening to all this stuff about tyres," said Stoner. "We made a decision at Ducati to go with Bridgestone and they've done a fantastic job. There were also moments in Bridgestone's career in Grands Prix when they were not competitive.

"They've done a fantastic job to come up to this level and today again they got a one-two-three. Everything's working very well for us this year. If we go to the one tyre rule I hope we can go with Bridgestone, because they've done a fantastic job for us this year, we work very well with them and I'm very grateful to them.

"But like I've said before, if you do a one tyre rule then you may as well go into a one motorcycle rule and then you may as well run an R6 Cup. It's the same. This is a prototype championship and there should be prototype everything."

When asked if he should get more praise for his riding, Stoner added: "Sometimes maybe, but the team and the tyres need credit - not just to complain about the speed of the bike or the competition of the tyres. They need to be given a pat on the back for the job they've done.

"Sometimes maybe we also deserve a little more credit because we've been working really hard all my career to be in this position, and we've been working really hard this season.

"At a lot of races we were a lot faster than other riders because we were working a lot harder. We put in the effort and we got the rewards this year."

Stoner, a massive 83 points ahead of Rossi in the standings, believes next season will be harder, as he expects his rivals to raise their game.

"For sure everybody's going to get stronger," he added. "My competitors aren't too happy that I got the world championship and they'll be trying to chase us down next year. But we must try to win more races for next year, to improve the bike, and that's the main importance.

"We still must take it race by race, and if we're able to win the title next year then it's a dream come true and we can move on to the next one."

panayiotis
24/09/2007, 21:51
Casey stoner Jorge Lorenzo Andrea Dovisiozo Brno 2004 125 cc

panayiotis
25/09/2007, 09:44
The Champ

He's Australia's new world champion, the fastest man on two wheels. Just a few hours ago, Casey Stoner took out the MotoGP crown in Japan. And he did it in style, knocking off the reigning champ, Italy's Valentino Rossi, the greatest rider of all time. Not bad going for a shy 21-year-old country kid who looks too young to drive. But Casey knows better than most in the ferocious world of motorbike racing, that world crown's a tough thing to hold onto. And, as Ben Fordham explains, he's already got another young Aussie hot on his tail. a bloke who's just as hungry to win.

Transcript

BEN FORDHAM: It's the moments before the Portuguese Moto Grand Prix, and in Casey Stoner's garage mechanics are fussing around his bike, making final adjustments. Casey is composed, quietly contemplating speeds of 300 km/h and more. Out of the pits, there's the anticipation of speed and noise. You're waiting on the grid, what are you thinking?

CASEY STONER: Just trying to think about the track, you know, you sort of do a lap of the track in your head, and just, uh, praying, you know, that everything's gonna go alright.

BEN FORDHAM: So you say a prayer?

CASEY STONER: Yep.

BEN FORDHAM: Is it to do with surviving or winning?

CASEY STONER: No, it's more to do with surviving, I think.

BEN FORDHAM: Casey Stoner is 21. His job is to ride his 800cc Ducati motorcycle as fast and as hard as possible, without falling off and crashing. And if this young Australian gets it right, as he has been all this season, he'll be a worldwide hero. This will give you a sense of just how fast these blokes are moving. Casey Stoner is just about to hit the final corner, down there, and enter the straight. Now that position is half a "k" away from where we are right here. Okay, here they come. Let's see how long it takes for them to reach us. Remember, half a "k"! How much do you love the speed?

CASEY STONER: You can go as fast as you want in a straight line, but it really doesn't give you a big kick. It's more going through the corners fast and, uh, and acceleration coming out of 'em.

BEN FORDHAM: And knowing when to slow down?

CASEY STONER: Yeah, basically that's a pretty important point.

BEN FORDHAM: Is Casey Stoner the best?

MICK DOOHAN: He is this year, that's without a doubt. You know, hopefully he'll continue along that path, but every time he's hopping on the bike he's gaining more confidence, and you see that he's just getting quicker and quicker.

CASEY STONER: When it's five times world motorcycle champion Mick Doohan saying nice things about Casey Stoner, take note.

MICK DOOHAN: Casey's very intense, you know, and that's what makes him what he is. He's very focused, he's sort of always looking for a better edge and, um, he's just got one thing on his mind, and that's racing.

BEN FORDHAM: But it's not just Casey's number 27 we should be cheering this season. '71' is another Australian whizzing by, 25-year-old Chris Vermeulen. It's a pretty glamorous lifestyle you lead. BEN FORDHAM: From the outside there's the money, fans.

CHRIS VERMEULEN: There's the women, you could say.

BEN FORDHAM: You said it.

BEN FORDHAM: Chris rides for Team Suzuki. What's the game plan?

CHRIS VERMEULEN: When in doubt, flat out.

BEN FORDHAM: And on his bike, you get a terrifying sense of what these guys do.

BEN FORDHAM: And is your chest down on here?

CHRIS VERMEULEN: My chest is down there and my chin is touching on here.

BEN FORDHAM: Your chin is touching that?

CHRIS VERMEULEN: Chin and helmet. And I look through this bit when I'm down the straight.

BEN FORDHAM: Mate, there's not a lot you can actually see out of there.

CHRIS VERMEULEN: Bugger all, really.

BEN FORDHAM: Can Chris go as far as Casey?

MICK DOOHAN: I think he can, you know. Casey has a little bit more experience than what Chris has, but every time he's out on the bike Chris is getting better and better and is a candidate for a world champion, without a doubt.

BEN FORDHAM: When it comes to motorcycle racing, Australia likes to do things in twos. Mick Doohan took on Wayne Gardner in the '80s and '90s. Now it's Casey Stoner up against Chris Vermeulen. Their rivalry's fierce, but friendly. Chris Vermeulen.

CASEY STONER: I really enjoy his company, especially when we're on the podium together. I'm happy for that, you know, that we can be countrymen and still get along very well.

BEN FORDHAM: So, are you looking forward to beating him?

CHRIS VERMEULEN: Bloody oath, that's the main thing. It doesn't matter who it is, if it's Casey or anyone, I want to cross that line first.

BEN FORDHAM: With the millions they've now earned, these two countrymen have both bought country properties to escape the mania of the racetrack. Chris is up on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, and Casey's out on the bike, rounding up the cattle outside Tamworth, New South Wales. Where are you most comfortable?

CASEY STONER: I'd say out on the farm. I don't have to sort of worry about the pressure and stress of the racing and I can sort of come out here and relax,

BEN FORDHAM: Casey's Dad, Colin, is also his manager. Mum, Bronwen, his biggest fan. When you look at him now, is he still just that little boy or … ?

BRONWEN STONER: Yeah, he hasn't changed, not a bit.

BEN FORDHAM: He's got a baby face.

BRONWEN STONER: He has.

BEN FORDHAM: Casey's wife, Adriana, is the new addition to the family. Not surprisingly, they met at the racetrack four years ago. I hear that someone signed someone's stomach. Can you please clear up this story for me?

ADRIANA STONER: He was, um ... I approached him before we started properly talking and asked him to sign my stomach. It was completely decent, it was just here, so yeah.

BEN FORDHAM: What did he write?

ADRIANA STONER: Oh, just his autograph.

BEN FORDHAM: First time you'd ever signed a piece of flesh?

panayiotis
25/09/2007, 09:47

ADRIANA STONER: He was more than willing.

BEN FORDHAM: Lunch has hardly settled when Casey's back in the saddle — Team Stoner now includes a full-time trainer. To be the fastest, you've also got to be the fittest, and when you're only 59 kilograms handling a heavy-duty machine, Casey knows it takes plenty of muscle.

CASEY STONER: I think I've had 17, almost 18 years, of racing.

BEN FORDHAM: You've had 18 years of racing?

CASEY STONER: Mmhm.

BEN FORDHAM: Casey you're 21-years old. That doesn't sound funny to you?

CASEY STONER: Yeah, but, um, you know, I suppose I've been riding since I was three, racing since I was four.

BEN FORDHAM: Casey was a childhood champion — but growing up wasn't always easy for this skinny kid. So you had a bit of a rough time at school?

BEN FORDHAM: With bullying?

CASEY STONER: Pretty much. I dunno why, but I didn't exactly have a heck of a lot of friends back in school, primary school days, and that. Um, dunno if it was jealousy or what.

BEN FORDHAM: It was Casey's parents who made the ultimate sacrifice. When he was 14, they bought a one-way ticket to Europe, a tiny caravan, and travelled track-to-track to take on the big league. The gamble worked. Has he ever questioned his own ability?

COLIN STONER: Never.

BEN FORDHAM: One hundred percent all the way?

COLIN STONER: One hundred percent all the way. He's always been like that. We started him on the roller-coaster to get there, and then we just got dragged the rest of the way.

BEN FORDHAM: Over at Chris Vermeulen's farm, he's showing off his latest toy — not as fast as his racing bike, but it's not bad. Like Casey, getting to the top meant leaving Australia and heading for Europe when he was a teenager. He still spends most of his year overseas, so getting home for a break is a bonus. Can I ask you a slightly personal question?

CHRIS VERMEULEN: Okay, sure.

BEN FORDHAM: How much do they pay you?

CHRIS VERMEULEN: It's never enough, you know, but we get good rewards out of it. You can see the cars and things like that but, ah, to be totally honest, I would do it for nothing. Both Chris and Casey are coy about what they earn, but if this bloke's anything to go by, then it's probably a fair whack. Do you have to be a bit crazy to do what you do?

VALENTINO ROSSI; Just a little bit, yes. A little bit, yes.

BEN FORDHAM: Valentino Rossi is the seven-times world champion, and he'll take home more than $30 million this year, even though he's been well and truly out-ridden by Casey Stoner. But Rossi is gracious in defeat.

VALENTINO ROSSI: He deserves it.

BEN FORDHAM: He deserves it.

VALENTINO ROSSI: Yes. He's pretty amazing at 21 years of age.

VALENTINO ROSSI: Yes.

BEN FORDHAM: What's you advice to him as world champion?

VALENTINO ROSSI: I remember when I was 21 years age, and I was already three times world champion so ...

BEN FORDHAM: You're doing alright, huh?

VALENTINO ROSSI: The advice is continue like this and I hope to fight with Casey stronger for the next year.

BEN FORDHAM: In this multimillion-dollar business, winning is vital. In Chris Vermeulen's pit, team engineer Tom O'Kane has a blank cheque to make this motorbike go faster and faster. This thing already goes 340km/h, what would it cost to get that lifted to 341km/h?

TOM O'KANE: About a million bucks.

BEN FORDHAM: A million dollars for one extra "k"?

TOM O'KANE: Yeah, and ask Chris and he'll tell you it's worth it. Every penny.

CHRIS VERMEULEN: Every single '"k", he's exactly right. If we can get one km/h or one horse power more out of the bike, it is crucial, and it can mean the difference between being on the podium or not, you know.

BEN FORDHAM: The bikes keep getting better and faster but for all the engineering and aggression, there's an undeniable poetry about this sport. That is, until they fall off.

CHRIS VERMEULEN: I've broken some bones in my hand, uh, a ligament off there, I wore away one of my toes earlier this year. It's grown back.

BEN FORDHAM: Grown back?

CHRIS VERMEULEN: I lost all of the nail and the end of the bone was completely gone off there. I lost a little bit off there and there.

CASEY STONER: You don't have time to think. As quick as it happens on TV is as quick as it happens in real life.

BEN FORDHAM: Staying on the bike has been Casey's crucial lesson.

CASEY STONER: You know, you're in the air, but you're not thinking. "This is going to hurt", or anything. You're just trying to put yourself and your body in the right position. Last year, he crashed more than anyone else. This year, he stayed upright and became the world-beater. Casey Stoner's going alright, mate.

CASEY STONER: I'm having a very good season at the moment.

BEN FORDHAM: The difference between a winner and a loser can be hundredths of a second, and no-one wants to be a loser. That means Casey, the champion, is now a marked man.

CHRIS VERMEULEN: I'm not gonna help him and say, "Oh Casey, here you go, you can pass me so you can win the world title", or anything like that. I'm going out there to beat him.

BEN FORDHAM: He's just another guy you want behind you?

CHRIS VERMEULEN: He's just another guy I want behind me.

CASEY STONER: You know, a lot of people always say you can't do this, you can't do that. I think it shows that if you keep fighting and if you keep dreaming and it can happen.

RACE COMMENTATOR: Casey Stoner is the 2007 MotoGP world champion!

panayiotis
27/09/2007, 07:01
Chris Vermeulen says give Casey Stoner credit

Chris Vermeulen believes it is time for people to stop detracting from Casey Stoner’s impressive 2007 success and start paying him some more respect for an outstanding world championship-winning campaign.

Casey Stoner wrapped his first world title in Japan last weekend, but the Aussie's critics have said he only won the title because of the performance advantage held by Ducati and Bridgestone.

Chris Vermeulen and Casey Stoner are close pals and the factory Suzuki rider said: “I think it is incredible what Casey has done this season. He has done an awesome job.

"A lot of people say it is the bike, that Ducati is the best and is so fast. It is quick and Casey has some advantages but I’m sure the Ducati also has some disadvantages but no one talks about them.

"There are three other Ducatis out there and he is wiping the floor with those guys every week.”

Vermeulen said the most impressive thing about his compatriot in 2007 has been his ability to withstand the intense pressure from Valentino Rossi in races like Qatar, Shanghai and Barcelona.

“The most impressive thing is the pressure he has put up with in different races. I put him under pressure in two races when I really pushed him but more importantly in the championship against Valentino Rossi.

"Actually racing and beating Valentino is impressive, and in some cases not beating him but then bouncing back the next week just as determined is something you have to admire, “said Chris Vermeulen.

panayiotis
27/09/2007, 07:18
British stars pay tribute to Casey Stoner
British riders who raced newly crowned MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner early in his career paid tribute to the Aussie who kick-started his career on UK tracks.

Cal Crutchlow

“I raced against him all year in the 2000 Aprilia Supersteen season. He rode an OGK-backed bike. I was riding for Kickstart Motorcycles. First time I ever saw him was at Mallory Park when he passed me sideways into the Hairpin.

“We had loads of scraps but I remember one time when me, him and Chaz Davies all banged into each other going down Craner.

“There was some good rivalry between us. He was a good lad. He got a good break and was off, but then he was good enough to go to GPs.”

Steve Patrickson, multiple British 125 and 250 champion

“Stoner was the best 125 rider I ever raced against, except for Loris Capirossi. You could tell straight away that Stoner was going to make it. He was just so special on a bike.

“What did it was his first lap. He had so much confidence in his own ability that he was gone from the start. I never did manage to beat the little bugger!”

Leon Camier

I raced against him in 2001 and he was shit-hot from the very start.

The bike looked nothing special but it was really well set up with good suspension too. I had a similar Honda that was run by Mark Hodgson (Neil’s dad) under the RCB Motorsports banner.

I won the title but, myself, Chaz Davies and Casey missed races to do the Telefonica Movistar series in Spain.

Eight of us did a test on identical bikes at Catalunya but I crashed twice and Casey ended up a tenth quicker than me.

When we got to the next test, Chaz Davies and I still had stock bikes but a Spaniard had got Casey a ’99 A-kit bike and that was it.

He won races and we struggled but that was it for Casey. He was on his way but we’ve been buddies ever since.

Chaz Davies

The first time I saw Casey was at Donington Park and he wasn’t hanging around! Up to that point, from what I’d seen of the opposition, I was pretty confident I’d win the Aprilia Superteen title in 2000.

We had some good battles and stopped talking to each other mid-season.

We both raced in the 2001 British 125 Championship but I didn’t really get going until mid-season. By then Leon Camier had rattled him a couple of times then I rattled him a few times toward the end of the year - but he took some stopping.

Some time later in 125GPs we started to talk to each other again when we both realised we knew no one else in the paddock!

We’re mates now and he’s been really helpful for me with Ducati. His influence hasn’t hurt.

When I was at Mugello recently he drove 300kms to come and help me out.

In MotoGP Casey gets the job done. There’s no fuss but he’s a real determined bastard. He’s also very talented and, when he’s on a roll, he takes some stopping.

panayiotis
02/10/2007, 06:57
Lucio Cecchinello praises Casey Stoner for incredible season

Casey Stoner’s first ever Grand Prix team boss has described the Australian as one of the best riders of the last 10 years after the Aussie won his first world championship title in Japan last month.

Italian Lucio Cecchinello not only gave Casey Stoner his MotoGP break when he ran him on an Aprilia 250 in 2002, he was the man who stepped in at the last-minute to help the 21-year-old get into MotoGP last season.

Four out of Casey Stoner’s six years in Grand Prix were spent under Lucio Cecchinello’s wing and he said: “Without any doubt Casey has made an extraordinary, excellent job.

“You can see that he is in really top form. My best congratulations to him because this year he really deserves to win the world championship.”

Lucio Cecchinello admitted he took great personal pride in being able to have played a part in helping Ducati’s Casey Stoner emerge into one of racing’s hottest young talents.

“It is a good feeling to know that I could help such a good rider.”

Lucio Cecchinello said he knew Casey Stoner was destined to achieve great things when he first signed him as a raw 16-year-old for the 2002 world 250 championship.

Recommended by Alberto Puig, Lucio Cecchinello said: “Without any doubt his debut on a 250 machine was impressive. I remember in January 2002, he made his debut in Jerez with a kit Aprilia 250.

“At the end of the first day Marco Melandri was just a few tenths ahead. I remember everybody in Aprilia and everybody in my team was completely shocked because the time he made was impressive for a young kid of 16 and testing for the first time a 250 machine.

“It was completely fabulous and he rode the bike very natural. He adapted to the bike very naturally without making very much effort.

“That day we had the confirmation of what Alberto said to us that he had great, great, great potential. We had the confirmation when we started to analyse his data and we understood how he could be so fast and what his potential was.

“We definitely understood that we had in our hands one of the best riders of the last 10 years.”

Despite that glowing praise, Lucio Cecchinello admitted he has been surprised by just how convincingly Casey Stoner has romped to the world title.

He added: “I don’t think anybody expected such a perfect season, such an incredible season. I knew that he could be very fast but I expected some more mistakes.

“Especially seeing him in the other classes where he crashed quite a lot. For me I believe he grew in his maturity and definitely the feeling he has with the Ducati is something exceptional that no other rider has.

“Honestly we didn’t expect such a high level of domination, it is incredible. Even Ducati didn’t expect this.”

panayiotis
02/10/2007, 06:58
Alberto Puig proud to have helped Casey Stoner

Casey Stoner’s early mentor Alberto Puig has said he is proud to have played a part in helping launch the new MotoGP world champion’s international racing career.

Alberto Puig gave Casey Stoner his first big break to set him on the road to stardom by plucking him from the British 125 championship to race in the Spanish series in 2001.

The Spaniard recommended Casey Stoner to Lucio Cecchinello for 2002 and since then the 21-year-old has carved out a reputation as one of racing’s hottest young talents.

Out of loyalty and respect to Alberto Puig, Stoner has always raced with the number 27 he was given during his first year in the Telefonica MoviStar team in the Spanish 125 championship.

Toni Elias (24) and Dani Pedrosa (26) have also kept their numbers given to them by Alberto Puig.

“For a long time I’ve being saying Casey was fast, so for me it is not a big surprise. He’s done a very good job, he has had the equipment, had the opportunity but he took it

“Many people talk about the Ducati and Bridgestone but Casey has been riding very well and there is no question about this. You can have everything going for you but some riders have this and never do the job, Casey has done it,” said Puig.

The former Honda 500 GP rider said he took great personal pride having seen Casey Stoner convert promise and potential into his first major world championship success.

“First of all I feel happy for Casey because he’s a nice guy, he respects me and he knows I respect him.

“I have the satisfaction that at one moment in his career I tried to help him and his family, it was very nice for me at that time and I feel good about it.

“I think he could have done the same without my help but perhaps it would have been a little more difficult,” added Puig.

panayiotis
03/10/2007, 07:34
Mental toughness key to Casey Stoner’s 2007 MotoGP title success

Mental toughness was the key weapon in helping Casey Stoner destroy Valentino Rossi’s hopes of reclaiming the MotoGP world crown in 2007.

That’s the view of Bridgestone boss Hiroshi Yamada, who celebrated the Japanese’s factory’s first premier class world title to finally break Michelin’s stranglehold.

Hiroshi Yamada said: “He is so strong in his mind. Normally when Valentino (Rossi) follows somebody the rider in front is very worried about him.

“But in the case of Casey it looks like nothing. He is very strong mentally.”

Hiroshi Yamada said it was Ducati's Casey Stoner displaying his mental toughness in an epic race long scrap with Valentino Rossi in Catalunya which was arguably the turning point of the season.

“The turning point was Catalunya. He had a very, very hard battle with Valentino and he won. And he had much more confidence from his battle.

“And I’ve never seen such a rider battle with Valentino and win,” said Yamada, who has echoed the sentiments of many others in expressing his surprise at Casey Stoner’s formidable form in 2007.

He added: “Honestly speaking I didn’t expect Casey to be so strong. I knew his talent and that he had good ability but I thought it would take a little bit of time to adapt to the bike and the tyres.

“I thought from the middle of the season he could win a few times, but not from the first race.”

panayiotis
03/10/2007, 07:36
Casey Stoner ‘unbelievable’ says Ducati crew chief

Casey Stoner’s Ducati crew chief Cristian Gabarrini has labelled the Aussie ‘unbelievable’ after he clinched his first MotoGP world title last month in Japan.

Cristian Gabarrini formerly worked as an engine data technician in the LCR Aprilia squad Casey Stoner rode for in the early part of his MotoGP career and he reckons it was clear from the start of his MotoGP career Stoner was a one-off talent.

“I checked a lot of data from Casey and Lucio Cecchinello’s bikes and my first impression was this is a very good rider, he was unbelievable,” said Christian Gabarrini.

Gabbarini confessed to being shocked at the performance of Ducati’s Casey Stoner, who has won eight races to cruise to the world title with three rounds remaining.

“I didn’t expect the results. For me it is difficult to believe what has happened. I am the number one of fan of Casey.

“I loved the 125 experience I had with him but to try and imagine that he could make a season like this was almost impossible. We were quite sure that he could probably make some good races. But this season is a beautiful gift for Ducati,” added Cristian Gabarrini.

He reckons the first indication he had that Casey Stoner was world title material in 2007 came in a thrilling Catalunya MotoGP in June.

Stoner held off a fierce onslaught from Valentino Rossi to claim a narrow victory and Gabarrini said: “Barcelona was the revelation for me.

“In Barcelona the tyres were the same performance and the bike the same. Also Qatar was impressive. This was his first race with Ducati and he had Valentino behind him every lap and in this race Casey was unbelievable to survive the pressure without making any mistakes.

“Sure Ducati and Bridgestone make a very good package for Casey. Maybe in some occasion the best. But for me Casey makes the difference this year.”

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:32
a

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:33
b

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:35
c

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:37
d

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:38
world champion 2007

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:43
casey + adriana

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:45
stoner family

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:47
e

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:49
f

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:51
g

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:52
h

panayiotis
04/10/2007, 18:54
one photo = one thousand words

panayiotis
15/10/2007, 09:26
TWENTYSEVEN (27) TO ONE (1).THE RISING OF CASEY STONER

Ο παγκόσμιος πρωταθλητής MotoGP Casey Stoner δήλωσε ότι η νίκη στον αγώνα της πατρίδας του ήταν στόχος του για πολλά χρόνια.

Αγωνιζόμενος για δεύτερη χρονιά στη μεγάλη κατηγορία ο Αυστραλός εξέπληξε τον κόσμο των MotoGP με εννέα νίκες από τις 16 εκκινήσεις που έχει πάρει , αλλά όπως είπε η νίκη μέσα στην πατρίδα του ήταν η μεγαλύτερη επιτυχία του από οτιδήποτε άλλο.

"Αναμφισβήτητα είναι ότι καλύτερο για μένα , είναι μία…..ήταν μία πίστα που ήθελα να νικήσω φέτος και τελικά τα καταφέραμε. Το να είμαι στο πόντιουμ εδώ είναι απλά απίστευτο".

"Δουλεύω πολύ σκληρά για πολλά χρόνια προσπαθώντας να νικήσω αυτό τον αγώνα ακόμα και αν δεν είχα καλά αποτελέσματα την υπόλοιπη χρονιά, αλλά αυτή η χρονιά ήταν σχεδόν μαγική ,καταφέραμε να εξασφαλίσουμε τον τίτλο πριν αυτό τον αγώνα και ήρθαμε εδώ με πολύ λιγότερη πίεση"

"Πραγματικά απόλαυσα αυτό τον αγώνα και ήταν αναμφισβήτητα η καλύτερη μου νίκη έως τώρα"

Το αστέρι της Marlboro Ducati συνέχισε. "Δεν νομίζω πως η χρονιά θα μπορούσε να πάει καλύτερα αλλά το να κερδίσω τον αγώνα της πατρίδας μου ήταν απλά κάτι το απίστευτο. Από τη μέση του αγώνα και μετά χαλάρωσα ακόμα περισσότερο αφού πίστεψα ότι θα τα καταφέρω "

Ο Stoner μπορεί να τερμάτισε με σχεδόν 7 δευτερόλεπτα διαφορά από τον Loris Capirossi αλλά πρόσθεσε ότι το αποτέλεσμα δεν ήταν τόσο εύκολο όσο μερικοί ίσως να σκεφτούν.

"Ανησύχησα λίγο για το αν τα λάστιχα θα άντεχαν έως το τέλος μια και είχαμε πρόβλημα σε αυτό τον τομέα όλο το Σαββατοκύριακο αλλά τελικά τα πήγαν μια χαρά" είπε ο Αυστραλός.

Και ο Stoner που σίγουρα θα κάνει αξέχαστα την Τρίτη τα 22α γενέθλια του είπε ότι καλύτερο για τους θεατές που ήρθαν στην πίστα και ήταν 115000 όλο το Σαββατοκύριακο και 50425 την Κυριακή.

"Θέλω να ευχαριστήσω τους Αυστραλούς οπαδούς που ήρθαν να δουν όλους εμάς τους Αυστραλούς αναβάτες, είναι ο μεγαλύτερος αριθμός θεατών που έχω δει στην Αυστραλία. Έκαναν καλή δουλειά και ελπίζω να το διασκέδασαν "

costas81
15/10/2007, 09:36
πραγματικά πολύ καλός ο μικρός!

:beer:

guidondorgreece
15/10/2007, 13:12
Για δειτε το παρακατω :

http://ongezouten.com/2007/10/15/pedrosa-lanceert-honda/

Ο Ντανι κανει δοκιμαστικο εκκινησης στο πρωινο 'ζεσταμα'
της Κυριακης.

:a31:

road spirit
15/10/2007, 13:19
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από guidondorgreece
Για δειτε το παρακατω :

http://ongezouten.com/2007/10/15/pedrosa-lanceert-honda/

Ο Ντανι κανει δοκιμαστικο εκκινησης στο πρωινο 'ζεσταμα'
της Κυριακης.

:a31:
:lol: :lol: :lol: τι μλκ!!!

liakaros
16/10/2007, 02:48
Bασικα περαν της μηχανης η οποια ηταν αρκετα καλη...πιστευω οτι ο stoner φετος,οδηγουσε περισσοτερο με το μυαλο του παρα με τα @@ του, σε σχεση με αλλες χρονιες παντα...

Ανεκαθεν το ελεγε η ψυχη του,αλλα δεν εφτανε αυτο...χρειαζοταν και μυαλο...

γνωμη μου...

panayiotis
16/10/2007, 07:29
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY STONER!!

panayiotis
17/10/2007, 07:27
Casey Stoner can dominate like Mick Doohan

Daryl Beattie believes Casey Stoner can follow in the footsteps of his boyhood hero Mick Doohan and dominate premier class motorcycle racing for years.

Former world 500 championship runner-up Beattie has backed Casey Stoner for a glittering career after he claimed his first MotoGP crown in Japan last month.

“I think he can go on and dominate. Injuries are the biggest thing in this game. If he stays healthy there is no doubt that he’s going to be a contender for many years to come, “said former factory Suzuki rider Beattie, who is now a respected TV pundit in Australia.

Beattie said Casey Stoner’s success had sparked a tremendous surge of interest in MotoGP that hasn’t been witnessed since the heady days of Doohan and Wayne Gardner – the only two Australian riders to capture the MotoGP world crown before Ducat star Stoner.

He told : “It’s been great for Australia and there’s a new interest in the sport again. It’s been a while since Mick won and to me its nearly like ‘89 and ‘90 with the Gardner and Doohan days. The vibe is back and people are more into MotoGP.”

Beattie said he never anticipated the massive impact Stoner would have in his first year with Ducati’s factory team, saying: “It really goes to show how important it is to be in a team that wraps themselves around you and really focus on what you want to do He’s been unbelievable. I just think he has a package that’s been as strong as he is. The package has been extraordinary.”

Beattie said one of the defining moments of Stoner’s season came in the Catalunya GP in June when he fended off a fierce attack from seven-times world champion Valentino Rossi.

“In that race Valentino got past and bang, Casey was back at the next corner. He had to do that to show Valentino that he was hungry and that he wanted it.

"The races that impressed me the most were Le Mans where he used his head to get the most points he possibly could out of a tough situation when the pressure was on. He didn’t push and crash and he’s really ridden with his head all year, “added Beattie.