PDA

View Full Version : Furusawa: 'We'll Match Ducati on Horsepower'

gavos
30/05/2008, 12:51
Yamaha executive Masao Furusawa, whose YZR-M1 has leapfrogged Ducati in lap times this season, has pledged that he will soon make his in-line four engine deliver more power than the Italian factory's legendary V4.

"I am pretty sure I will be able to catch up with Ducati's horsepower," Furusawa told Crash.net. "Not this year, because maybe I need more time. But I will investigate Ducati more and some day I will catch them."

Ducati has consistently delivered more straight-line speed than any of the four Japanese manufacturers in MotoGP - a key factor when Casey Stoner won the championship on the Desmosedici GP7 last year.

Furusawa, Yamaha's general manager of engineering operations, now wants to strip Ducati of that advantage - and is already conducting experiments at MotoGP races to gauge how the Italians squeeze so much grunt from their motors.

He records the exhaust noise of passing bikes in pit lane and feeds the readings through computer software to calculate the machines' peak horsepower, torque output and peak rpm, using technical expertise from Yamaha's work in the music industry.

His verdict: the GP8 Desmosedici produces around 230-240bhp at about 19,000rpm.

How do the Japanese engines compare? They make 10-15bhp less, according to Furusawa. The YZR-M1 peaks at 18,000rpm, he says, but then adds: 'Maybe 18,500-19,000rpm.'

Furusawa believes that he will also be able to configure other aspects of the Ducati engine, including its bore and stroke dimensions - a closely guarded secret by every manufacturer in MotoGP.

Yamaha have always produced one of the most agile MotoGP bikes, but Furusawa's long-term aim is clearly to add top-end power to enable the company to produce the best all-round design.

Ψάρωσα μιλάμε! :eyepop:

byron
30/05/2008, 13:03
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από gavos
He records the exhaust noise of passing bikes in pit lane and feeds the readings through computer software to calculate the machines' peak horsepower, torque output and peak rpm, using technical expertise from Yamaha's work in the music industry.

:eyepop:

Μάθε τέχνη κι άσ΄τηνε και αμα πεινάσεις .......

el_hymador
30/05/2008, 13:07
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από byr0n
:eyepop:

Μάθε τέχνη κι άσ΄τηνε και αμα πεινάσεις .......

E μα τυχαια ειναι τα τρια διαπασων στο σημα της Yamaha;

Σε λιγο αντι για μηχανικους θα εχουν χορδιστες πιανων και team manager θα αναλαβει η Αγνη Μπαλτσα:lol: :lol: :lol:

gcrook
01/06/2008, 12:22
Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από el_hymador
E μα τυχαια ειναι τα τρια διαπασων στο σημα της Yamaha;

Σε λιγο αντι για μηχανικους θα εχουν χορδιστες πιανων και team manager θα αναλαβει η Αγνη Μπαλτσα:lol: :lol: :lol:

Και αντι για στρωσιμο κινητηρα θα τον αφηνουν στο γκαραζ ενα βραδυ να ακουει Μπαχ,οπως στα εμβρυα:lol:

p@nos
01/06/2008, 12:57
Παντως πραγματικα αριστουργημα ο κινητηρας της Ducati, ειδικα αν σκεφτει κανεις οτι οι 4κυληνδροι κινητηρες ειναι ειδηκοτητα των γιαπωνεζων.

Αξιζουν συγχαρητηρια στη Ducati!