To: The Department for Culture, Media & Sports
2-4 Cockspur Street
London
SW1Y 5DH

The Leader of House of Commons
26 Whitehall
London SW1A 2WH
UNITED KINGDOM

Cc: The Minister of Greece of Foreign Affairs, the Minister Mrs. Dora Bakoyannis.
The Embassy of Greece, London, the Ambassador Mr. Vasilios Pispinis.
The British Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Marbles.

My letter concerns the restitution of the Parthenon (Elgin) Marbles to Greece. The Marbles, as you may be aware, are currently housed in the British Museum. I would like you to note my views on the subject and provide me with an appropriate response regarding the matter.

I RECOGNISE that the Parthenon in Athens is of unique and paramount importance to the Greek nation as a cultural treasure, historic monument and national symbol

AND that the Parthenon is also of great significance to Europe's heritage having been awarded the status of a UNESCO World Heritage Site and being recognised as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy

AND the importance for the proper study of the monument in uniting all the artifacts belonging to it on one site

AND noting that the Greek and British nations are united in political, military and economic alliance and by ties of friendship

PUBLICALLY DECLARE my support for the transfer of those parts of the Parthenon currently in the British Museum to a secure and appropriate museum in Athens, and now

CALL upon the British and Greek Governments to take all necessary and sufficient steps to secure that end.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Yours sincerely
Stavros Apostolakis

sergiosm
02/07/2009, 18:39
ναι λοιπόν;;

τί θες να μας πεις;;