PDA

View Full Version : Suckus-da-airus το ραμ-ερ του φτωχου

gcrook
25/05/2005, 00:06
Suckus-da-airus is a Latin term used to describe the effect of pushing more air towards the air box and through the engine. It also a term used to describe what happens on many weekend campus partys. When I first opened the box of the Viento Desgins CPR kit for SV650s flash backs of all night college binge drinking parities overcame me. ALRIGHT!! Someone sent me a BEER BONG!! Two of them actually. Upon reading the accompanied instructions I realized it was in fact the fresh air intake kit. Damn..
In my experience, instructions tend to be written either by overworked Engineers without basic communication skills or by third grade children hopped up on Ridalen. I was pleasantly surprised to see these instructions written somewhere in the middle, for the average person, with average mechanical skills. After looking up some of the big words, I was ready to begin the installation. The guide takes you step-by-step with easy to follow
The CPR Kit for the SV650S takes cool fresh air from the front of the bike and channels via tubing directly to the air box. As my high school shop teacher used to say, more air equals more power. In addition to a simple design, no bodywork modifications or fairing removal is necessary for installation.

Enclosed in the box is a set of detailed instruction, complete hardware with spares and a pair of black flexible tubes. Written right accross the top of the instructions is "READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU START". To hell with that!!! So I grabbed the tube, cracked opened the beer and filled the tube…. Oh wait. Damn….
After bonging a few beers, my judgment and reading skills severely diminished, I thought it would be best to wait untill the next day to try again. Perhaps reading over the instructions first is not such a bad idea after all.
instructions and example photos. The instructions are clealy written and includes consequences of not following them (like a hangover).

Shove a hose there, screw a strap there, a few snips here and there and your done almost that quickly. Hoses are routed around major obstacles and held in place with zip ties and straps.
Once completed, the final product looks clean and barely noticeable especially on the blue SVS. Only a small rubber scoop sticks out of the stock previously non-functional air scoops.
A small increase in power is certain just from the increase in airflow. At only $59.95 I would have to say this is a must buy for all SV650S owners. SV Riders can use all the power they can get to help fend off the R1s, GSXRs and CBRs down long straight aways.

For More information contact:
Viento Designs
P.O.Box 502422
San Diego, SoCal 92150-2422
(858) 488-3257

gcrook
25/05/2005, 00:06

gcrook
25/05/2005, 00:07

gcrook
25/05/2005, 00:08

gcrook