Σελίδα 5 από 10 ΠρώτοΠρώτο 12345678910 ΤελευταίοΤελευταίο
Προβολή αποτελεσμάτων 61 έως 75 από 137

Θέμα: The Dekatria Project - Greece 2013: a 4400 mile ride to the Underworld

I just wanted to inform you , that its not an option to visit the country without drinking spirits .

Παράθεση Δημοσιεύθηκε αρχικά από Lioulios Προβολή μηνύματος
    I just wanted to inform you , that its not an option to visit the country without drinking spirits .
    a Cretan speaking!!!

Μέλος Το avatar του/της DekatriaProject
    You do know I also have to ride back to Holland again, right?
    Thousands of miles, two wheels, thirteen reasons.
    from The Netherlands to Greece and back
    Follow my project at thirteenreasons.nl or on Facebook!

Yea , but you aint gona spend all of your time riding ...

... You 're going to run out of gas , couse it will not be possible to find gas that time ...you 're going to miss your boat couse it might be a strike ...you never know .
    What you 're planning to do ,the time that you decided to do it.... will be realy an adventure for you .

After all theese ...You need a shot with spirit to calm you ...I belive .

Yea , but you aint gona spend all of your time riding ...

... You 're going to run out of gas , couse it will not be possible to find gas that time ...you 're going to miss your boat couse it might be a strike ...you never know .
    What you 're planning to do ,the time that you decided to do it.... will be realy an adventure for you .

After all theese ...You need a shot with spirit to calm you ...I belive .

So after having bluffed myself through a striking ferry workforce I enter a country without gas stations, on roads where I don't even need other people to be in danger, all to go to a shadeless place in the middle of summer where people want to get me drunk.

Sounds like the perfect holiday then

Just put in your bagage your bigest smile .

Take care yourself and be carefull on the street and the street as they told you before . Everything will go good !!
    ...And whenever you 're going to face problems ,open the bagage , take out your bigest smile and start spiritING ... The only way not to loose your mood .

...You'll see.

Oh don't worry there - I've been working toward this for 3 years, I'm not going to surrender this easily

Over the years, alot of people around me raised doubts at my plans to go to Greece as most news bulletins reported of the social unrest and whatnot. Others tend to make the (increasingly lamer getting) joke 'that I'm bringing even more money to Greece'.

I don't care what people say -there's only one Greece, and they'll have to kill me if they want to keep me from going there.

Παράθεση Δημοσιεύθηκε αρχικά από DekatriaProject Προβολή μηνύματος
    Oh don't worry there - I've been working toward this for 3 years, I'm not going to surrender this easily

Over the years, alot of people around me raised doubts at my plans to go to Greece as most news bulletins reported of the social unrest and whatnot. Others tend to make the (increasingly lamer getting) joke 'that I'm bringing even more money to Greece'.

I don't care what people say -there's only one Greece, and they'll have to kill me if they want to keep me from going there.
    I meet people across Europe who heard the same prejustist reports from news and TV. Some reports especially from Germany, UK and Holland similarize Greece with the uprising and the civil war of Syria, Lybia Egypt etc which is not true of course.

Thousands of Greeks have staged a protest against the government's austerity measures especially last year, and a lot of clashes between them and police around the Greek Parliament occured, because Greeks lost 30-40% of their salary in a year, and the country typically bankrupt.

It has nothing to do with tourists. We are poorer in money terms, but we remain as we used to be.
    SRX6 & Tuono Rulezzz
    Επί αμφιβολίας άνοιξε τέρμα το γκάζι. Μπορεί να μη δώσει λύση στο πρόβλημα αλλά θα δώσει τέλος στην αγωνία..

Παράθεση Δημοσιεύθηκε αρχικά από byron Προβολή μηνύματος
    I meet people across Europe who heard the same prejustist reports from news and TV. Some reports especially from Germany, UK and Holland similarize Greece with the uprising and the civil war of Syria, Lybia Egypt etc which is not true of course.

Thousands of Greeks have staged a protest against the government's austerity measures especially last year, and a lot of clashes between them and police around the Greek Parliament occured, because Greeks lost 30-40% of their salary in a year, and the country typically bankrupt.

It has nothing to do with tourists. We are poorer in money terms, but we remain as we used to be.
    Oh you don't have to tell me over here they haven't drawn any parallels between Greek unrest and the Arabic Spring in the news, it's either 'take-a-look-at-all-the-riots' or 'yet-more-money-is-sent-to-Greece' which spark the remarks I get from some people.

Bottom line, I couldn't care less what others say. It's not gonna keep me from going

Fresh update by the way

Oh you don't have to tell me over here they haven't drawn any parallels between Greek unrest and the Arabic Spring in the news, it's either 'take-a-look-at-all-the-riots' or 'yet-more-money-is-sent-to-Greece' which spark the remarks I get from some people.
    Actually, its a long term loan and we have to pay interest payments annually as we did a few days ago. ECB and France agreed to channel profits from the SMP programme back to Athens but the rest of our lenders kept the profit of these bonds. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch as our friends in Europe believe.

A couple of months ago, I met some guys from Luxemburg and Belgium and they 've been told that Athens was (almost) a war zone

SRX6 & Tuono Rulezzz
    Επί αμφιβολίας άνοιξε τέρμα το γκάζι. Μπορεί να μη δώσει λύση στο πρόβλημα αλλά θα δώσει τέλος στην αγωνία..

Fresh update by the way
    Why dont you return home through FYROM, Serbia etc, instead of Albania? It would be easier i believe.
    SRX6 & Tuono Rulezzz

Why dont you return home through FYROM, Serbia etc, instead of Albania? It would be easier i believe.
    Albania interests me in some way, mainly its history. It's another one of those countries I just want to see for once, I guess

Albania interests me in some way, mainly its history.
    You mean WWII history or as a part of Othoman empire? Albania has 100 years history Greg, but know better
    SRX6 & Tuono Rulezzz

You mean WWII history or as a part of Othoman empire? Albania has 100 years history Greg, but know better
    Ofcourse Greece is unparalleled when it comes to history But as far's Albania concerned it's mainly post WW2 - the stories about Hoxha and how Albania has been trying to recover from that past I've always found fascinating. Besides that, not an awful lot of people I've spoken to seem to know alot about the country, sparking my curiosity even more

Σελίδα 5 από 10 ΠρώτοΠρώτο 12345678910 ΤελευταίοΤελευταίο

Παρόμοια θέματα

1. the pin project
    από 8avos στο forum Ταξιδιωτικά
    Απαντήσεις: 0
    Τελευταίο μήνυμα: 14/05/2013, 08:59
  2. The antsoar project
    από antsoar στο forum Γενικά περί μοτοσικλέτας
    Απαντήσεις: 27
    Τελευταίο μήνυμα: 05/02/2013, 08:58
  3. Απαντήσεις: 46
    Τελευταίο μήνυμα: 29/09/2011, 10:24
  4. The Norton Project
    από sapila racing στο forum Ανακατασκευές (Restoring)
    Απαντήσεις: 31
    Τελευταίο μήνυμα: 28/07/2010, 11:23
  5. R1 Bad to the bone
    από YamahakiasR1leo στο forum Υamaha R6 & R1
    Απαντήσεις: 0
    Τελευταίο μήνυμα: 18/01/2009, 17:53

Κανόνες δημοσιεύσεων

• Δεν μπορείτε να ανοίξετε νέο θέμα
  • Δεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επισυνάψετε αρχεία
  • Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τα μηνύματά σας
  •