Σελίδα 1 από 5 12345 ΤελευταίοΤελευταίο
Προβολή αποτελεσμάτων 1 έως 15 από 65

Θέμα: Moto Gp ΙΤΑΛΙΑ Mugello 2-3 / 06 / 2007

M.A.E.Θ.Ρ.Α.Τ. Το avatar του/της sniper

Re: Moto Gp ΙΤΑΛΙΑ Mugello 2-3 / 06 / 2007

Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από nktR
    Βάλε και το λινκ της πηγής Νίκο
    Αλίμονο σ’ αυτούς που δεν ξέρουν ότι δεν ξέρουν αυτά που δεν ξέρουν.

Να σας προσέχετε Το avatar του/της nktR

Italian GP - Melandri wants more Honda help in home race

Italian GP - Marco Melandri hopes that his second place in the French Grand Prix will force Honda Racing Corporation to give him some fresh tweaks in time for his home race at Mugello next weekend.
    MOTORCYCLING 2007 French GP Marco Melandri Gresini Honda - 0

Italian rider Melandri, 24, has struggled this season after HRC failed to make good on their promise to provide him with the same machinery as their factory riders, despite him having out-performed them since the switch to 800cc machinery.

But he hopes the prospect of a home win for him could sway the Japanese manufacturer into supplying his Gresini Honda team with some new parts.

"I would love to get on the podium at Mugello because it is something I have never managed before," said Melandri.

"I hope this result in France serves as an impetus for HRC to give me a little something for the race in Italy."

Melandri's frustration with Honda this year stems from the fact that he turned down the Ducati ride that eventually went to championship leader Casey Stoner because Honda promised him equal machinery to factory riders Nicky Hayden and Dani Pedrosa.

Melandri's podium finish in the wet French race moved him up to fourth in the championship - just a point behind

Italian GP - Stoner quick in testing

Italian GP - Ducati Marlboro riders Casey Stoner and Loris Capirossi used a day's testing at Le Mans on Monday to prepare for the team's biggest race of the season; the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello on June 3.
    2007 French GP Ducati Stoner - 0

Triple 2007 race winner Stoner, who extended his championship lead to 21 points with a third place in Sunday's wet French Grand Prix, received a further boost by setting the joint fastest test time, alongside Honda's Dani Pedrosa and Suzuki's John Hopkins.

"This morning it looked like the weather was going to make fun of us again and I really think we had already had enough rain [on Sunday]!" smiled Casey. "Finally the track dried out and [from 4pm] we were able to complete the tests we had planned. We focused on testing tyres, found several that we like and gave the Bridgestone technicians our feedback so that we can make the best possible preparations for Mugello, which is one of my favourite racetracks".

Mugello will be even more important for Italian team-mate Loris Capirossi, who will be gunning for his first victory of the season in front of his home fans. Capirossi, eighth in the French GP after an engine problem, lapped 0.364secs behind Stoner at the test.

"I'm happy with today's testing," declared Capirossi. "We tried several fronts and rears and we found out some very interesting things. We also worked on engine mapping and traction control, making useful steps forward that make me confident for Mugello. I love Mugello because it suits my riding style a lot better than Le Mans. I have always had good results at the Italian GP and I want to keep that going this year."

While some of Ducati's rivals will continue testing at Le Mans on Tuesday, the factory Desmosedici's will next fire into life during free practice at Mugello on June 1.

French GP - Rossi despair at tyre trouble

French GP - Seven-times world champion Valentino Rossi believes under-performing tyres could prevent him from winning back the title he relinquished to American Nicky Hayden last year.
    2007 French GP Yamaha Rossi - 0

The Italian Yamaha rider, using Michelin tyres, fell out of contention early on and finished a disappointing sixth in the rain-hit French Grand Prix on Sunday.

Australian Suzuki rider Chris Vermeulen won the race after coping the best with the tricky conditions on the Le Mans 4.180-km circuit, ahead of Italy's Marco Melandri and fellow Australian Casey Stoner.

Ducati rider Stoner, with Bridgestone tyres, extended his lead over Rossi to 21 points after five races.

"The situation is difficult," said Rossi, who has a single victory this season and was counting on the return to Europe to gain ground on Stoner.

"Casey Stoner is a very good rider and Ducati are very fast, not only on the straights," he added.

However, Rossi was more concerned with what he sees as a turnaround in tyre hierarchy.

"Now, Bridgestone are ahead of Michelin. Last year, Michelin were better than Bridgestone," he said.

Rossi, who was outclassed by Stoner in China after the Australian made the most of his Ducati's superior speed on the Shanghai track's long straight, was seen as the favourite on a Le Mans circuit that puts technique ahead of power.

Michelin had an impressive record there, dominant in the top category at the French Grand Prix for the last 14 years.

Vermeulen said he owed his victory more to his ability on rain-soaked tracks than to the tyres themselves.

"Sometimes, it is possible to fight even though you don't have the best top speed but you have the right tyres. It seems it's not the case this year and that is my greatest concern," Rossi added.

He now faces a greater challenge at his home grand prix in two week's time, on a circuit that seems tailor-made for Stoner and his 800cc Desmosedici bike's stunning top speed.

Η Michelin αισιόδοξη για το Mugello και τη συνέχεια της σεζόν

«Στο Mugello το μπροστινό λάστιχο είναι ιδιαίτερα σημαντικό, έτσι πρέπει να είναι καλό για το 16αρι μπροστινό μας, που επιτρέπει στους οδηγούς μας να είναι πολύ επιθετικοί στην είσοδο της στροφής», λέει ο Jean-Philippe Weber ο αγωνιστικός διευθυντής της Michelin. «Το άλλο πλεονέκτημα του τροχού των 16 ιντσών είναι ότι επιτρέπει γρηγορότερες αλλαγές κατεύθυνσης, που είναι πολύ σημαντικές στο Mugello, γιατί εκεί υπάρχουν πολλές αλλαγές κατεύθυνσης με μεγάλη ταχύτητα. Το 16αρι είναι 5% ελαφρύτερο από το 16.5, πάνω στη ζάντα, έτσι η αδράνεια είναι μικρότερη, πράγμα που κάνει τη μοτοσυκλέτα πιο ευέλικτη», συμπληρώνει ο πιο ειδικός για τα λάστιχα της γαλλικής εταιρίας.
    Πάντως οι Γάλλοι βρίσκονται σε δύσκολη θέση, μετά τις 4 νίκες της Bridgestone, στους 5 πρώτους αγώνες της χρονιάς και αναζητούν τρόπους να επανέλθουν στις επιτυχίες του παρελθόντος.
    «Η φύση της πίστας στο Mugello, δίνει extra stress στα λάστιχα. Το μπροστινό παίρνει πολλά φορτία στις κατηφορικές στροφές, όπως οι Materassi, Casanova, Savelli, Scarperia, Correntaio και στην τελευταία στροφή, έτσι χρησιμοποιούμε σκληρά μπροστινά σε αυτήν την πίστα. Επίσης υπάρχουν κάποιες ανηφορικές στροφές, όπως η πρώτη στροφή και οι Arrabbiata 1 και Arrabbiata 2, οι οποίες δίνουν extra φορτίο στο πίσω λάστιχο. Χρησιμοποιούμε μεσαία πίσω λάστιχα στο Mugello και δουλεύουμε στο σκελετό των πίσω ελαστικών», λέει ο Weber.
    Όλοι λοιπόν περιμένουν τις απαντήσεις τους στην ιταλική πίστα και εμείς απολαμβάνουμε το πιο συναρπαστικό πρωτάθλημα των τελευταίων ετών. Ραντεβού λοιπόν την Κυριακή 3 Ιουνίου στις 2 και μισή το μεσημέρι, στην ΕΤ3 βέβαια.

Στο Mugello Η μάχη για την Fiat – Yamaha και τον Rossi

Ο team manager της ομάδας Fiat – Yamaha, ο Davide Brivio, δίνει μέσα από τις δηλώσεις του, εν όψει του ιταλικού GP, το στίγμα του αγώνα και τη σπουδαιότητα που έχει για τη συνέχεια του Πρωταθλήματος. «Σίγουρα το Mugello είναι ένας πολύ σημαντικός αγώνας για μας, κυρίως γιατί έρχεται σε ένα κομβικό σημείο της αγωνιστικής περιόδου, στο ξεκίνημα 6 αγώνων σε 8 μόλις εβδομάδες. Ο Valentino έχει ένα μεγάλο ρεκόρ εκεί και η Yamaha κέρδισε μαζί του τα 3 τελευταία χρόνια, αλλά αυτή τη χρονιά θα είναι πολύ δύσκολα», λέει ο Brivio που συμπληρώνει: «Είναι ένα συναρπαστικό Σαββατοκύριακο για την ομάδα και ειδικά για τον Valentino, γιατί είναι στην Ιταλία, αλλά είναι επίσης και το σπίτι της Ducati και θα έχουν ισχυρό κίνητρο. Είμαι σίγουρος ότι πρόκειται για ένα ενδιαφέρον σενάριο».
    Εμείς συμπληρώνουμε, αν καταφέρει και εκεί ο Stoner να κερδίσει, τότε τα πράγματα θα είναι πολύ δύσκολα για όλους για τη συνέχεια, αφού και η Βαρκελώνη έχει μεγάλη ευθεία και η Μαλαισία, το Motegi και η Αυστραλία είναι πίστες που ευνοούν την Ducati.
    Ενδιαφέρον όμως έχει και η άποψη του Valentino: «Μείναμε στην Γαλλία και κάναμε σημαντική πρόοδο, ειδικά με τα λάστιχα. Δοκιμάσαμε και κάποια νέα πράγματα στον κινητήρα, μικρές λεπτομέρειες που πιστεύουμε ότι θα μας βοηθήσουν στο Mugello. Όπως όλοι ξέρουν, έχω μια ιδιαίτερη σχέση με την πίστα αυτή. Κέρδισα πολλές φορές και τα 3 τελευταία χρόνια με την Yamaha και έκανα μερικούς από τους καλύτερους αγώνες της ζωής μου εκεί. Είναι μια φανταστική πίστα, αλλά σίγουρα η ευθεία είναι πολύ μεγάλη και γνωρίζουμε ότι θα έχουμε μια πολύ σκληρή μάχη στα χέρια μας. Τουλάχιστον μπορούμε να υπολογίζουμε ότι ο καιρός θα είναι σταθερός ...ελπίζω!»
    Όπως όλα δείχνουν λοιπόν πρόκειται για ΤΟΝ αγώνα της χρονιάς, που θα καθορίσει κατά πολύ τη συνέχεια του Πρωταθλήματος.

H Rizla Suzuki MotoGP προσβλέπει στην ‘La Dolce Vita’ στην Ιταλία

Μετά τη φανταστική νίκη του Chris Vermeulen στο Le Mans, η ομάδα της Suzuki πλέει σε πελάγη ευτυχίας, καθώς πήρε επιτέλους την πρώτη της νίκη στην 4χρονη εποχή του MotoGP και αφήνει αρκετές υποσχέσεις για τη συνέχεια, μετά το βάθρο του John Hopkins στην Κίνα. Η Rizla Suzuki MotoGP επίσης εργάζεται σκληρά στο να βελτιώσει την GSV-R, ώστε να είναι έτοιμη για τους επόμενους αγώνες. Έτσι και οι 2 οδηγοί δοκίμασαν νέα πράγματα για τον κινητήρα και εντυπωσιάστηκαν με την πρόοδο που έγινε.
    Ο Chris Vermeulen είπε: «το προηγούμενο Σαββατοκύριακο ήταν ένα σπουδαίο αποτέλεσμα για μένα και την ομάδα, όμως τώρα πρέπει να ξανα-ξεκινήσουμε πάλι στο Mugello. Δεν τα πήγα καλά εκεί πέρυσι και θέλω να τα καταφέρω καλύτερα φέτος, αφού και εγώ και η μοτοσυκλέτα είμαστε βελτιωμένοι. Το τεστ στο Le Mans ήταν καλό και θα έχουμε τα νέα πράγματα στην Ιταλία». Από τη μεριά του ο John Hopkins είπε: «Ήμουν λίγο απογοητευμένος στο τέλος του αγώνα στην Γαλλία, γιατί είχαμε δουλέψει τόσο σκληρά στο στεγνό και όλα χάλασαν από τον καιρό. Θα συνεχίσουμε να δουλεύουμε σκληρά στην Ιταλία. Πραγματικά μου αρέσει η πίστα, είναι γρήγορη και με ροή και νομίζω ταιριάζει στα 800αρια καλά. Κάναμε μερικά βήματα μπροστά στο τεστ του Le Mans. Αισθάνομαι καλά με την οδήγησή μου και τις πιθανότητες για ένα καλό αποτέλεσμα στην Ιταλία».

Κάντε click στην εικόνα για μεγαλύτερο μέγεθος. 

Όνομα:	146.jpg 
Προβολές:	364 
Μέγεθος:	99,9 KB 
ID:	90615

Italian GP - Kurtis joins Team Roberts at Mugello

Kurtis Roberts will race in the Italian MotoGP at Mugello as his family's Team Roberts outfit run two bikes.

Kurtis will join his brother Kenny Jr - the team's regular rider - after being included on the race entry list.

The team hope that running the second machine will allow them greater flexibility when testing tyres, parts and different settings on the KR bike.

The move had been mooted at the French GP in Le Mans, but was put on hold until given the go-ahead by Honda bosses.

"We are looking for two bikes so that we can gain more data," team manager Chuck Aksland told autosport.com.

"The motor is what it is so we should be battling up there with the other ones.

"Tyres are a big equation, we need Kenny Junior to test them, but for many other things, Kurtis can really help."

Victory confidence, engine parts boost Suzuki.

Rizla Suzuki MotoGP travels to Mugello this weekend still fuelled with confidence following Chris Vermeulen's victory last time out at a wet Le Mans.

Vermeulen stormed to his and Suzuki's maiden MotoGP win last weekend, a result that followed John Hopkins' podium in China the race before. Suzuki has also been working hard to improve its 800cc GSV-R further and both riders tested new engine parts at Le Mans on the Monday after the race and were impressed with the steps forward. Those parts could prove crucial this weekend, with Mugello boasting one of the longest straights on the calendar.

"Last weekend was a great result for me and the team, but that was last week and now we have to start all over again at Mugello," declared Vermeulen. "I struggled to get to grips with the circuit last year and only managed 14th in the race. I am determined to do better than that this year as I know I have improved and so has the bike. Monday's test at Le Mans was pretty good and we will have the new parts for Italy. I am looking forward to getting back out there and we must now build on the wet win and podium and start doing it in the dry - which I know we are capable of."

"I was a bit disappointed at the end of the race at Le Mans as we had worked so hard in the dry and then that was spoiled by the weather, admitted Hopkins, seventh in the French GP. "We will continue to work hard in Italy and hope that the weather holds this time. I really like the Mugello track, it is fast and flowing and I think it will suit the 800 well. We made a number of steps forward at Le Mans in the test. We will have the new parts in Italy and I think they will be a big help. I feel good about my riding and my chances of a good result in Italy."

Παλαιό μέλος
    γεμίσαμε αγγλομαθείς κάντε και καμιά μετάφραση παλικάρια οχι ολο copy paste

beer drinker Το avatar του/της nakedorange
    Italian classic beckons FIAT Yamaha Team home

The sixth round of the MotoGP World Championship welcomes the Fiat
    Yamaha Team to their 'home' circuit of Mugello this weekend and the
    mouth-watering prospect of another classic race at the legendary venue.
    Already one of the most eagerly anticipated dates on the calendar, this
    year's visit to Tuscany has the extra spice of an Italian manufacturer
    leading the World Championship whilst the homecoming of Valentino Rossi to
    his adoring fans always guarantees an electric atmosphere and a
    performance to match from the mercurial 28-year-old.

Rossi has satiated the partisan local crowd's appetite for
    entertainment and end-product for the past five seasons, putting together a run of
    victories previously unsurpassed by any one rider at their local track.
    'The Doctor' has not been beaten on Italian soil since 2001, when he
    crashed out in a wet race, and his past three victories for Yamaha are
    unequalled in measures of brilliance and bravery. Mike Hailwood, who won
    the Isle of Man TT for five consecutive seasons in the 1960s, is the
    only rider in history to have held such a firm stronghold over his home
    Grand Prix.

Colin Edwards' record at Mugello is somewhat less spectacular but the
    Texan has every reason to look forward to this weekend. After qualifying
    on the front row of the grid at four of the first five races Edwards
    has been denied a mammoth points haul merely through sheer bad luck - the
    latest chapter in a catalogue of misfortune coming in France, where the
    heavens opened as the grid formed on an otherwise dry circuit and
    denied him the chance to shoot for victory from pole position. A
    continuation of his excellent practice form and another top performance in
    qualifying should finally bear fruit this Sunday.

The Mugello circuit is one of the fastest on the calendar, with the
    front straight almost certain to entice the new 800cc machines towards
    their highest top speed of the year. Measuring 1,141m, it is 61m shorter
    than the back straight of Shanghai, the longest in the championship, but
    the faster final turn and longer entry into the straight means the
    riders can get on the gas early, shift up through the gears and still have
    time to get the throttle wide open in sixth, potentially edging past
    the 337.5km/h set by Casey Stoner in China. Mugello differs from other
    fast circuits in its frequent changes of gradient and the speed of its
    chicanes. There is a mix of slower and high-speed corners, although even
    the slowest corners are wide, allowing several 'ideal' lines and
    putting the emphasis on rider skill as well as chassis set-up precision.

Valentino Rossi - "Something incredible"
    As well as his five MotoGP victories at Mugello, Valentino Rossi also
    won the 125cc race there in 1997 and the 250cc race in 1999 - making him
    easily the most successful rider at the circuit across all classes of
    Grand Prix racing. It promises to be another special weekend for the
    Italian and he is optimistic that his chances won't be spoiled, as they
    were in France, by the rain.

"We hoped that Le Mans would be a place where we might have been able
    to win back some points on Stoner, but unfortunately the weather played
    against us," says Rossi, who trails the Australian by 21 points in the
    current rider standings. "We stayed in France for two days of testing
    and we made a lot of progress, especially with the tyres. We also tried
    some new engine modifications, just small details, which we think will
    help us in Mugello.

"As everyone knows I have a very special relationship with Mugello. I
    have won there many times, including the last three years with Yamaha,
    and I've had some of the greatest races of my life there. Even though I
    will have a second home race this year at Misano, Mugello is something
    incredible and the fans and atmosphere there are always unbelievable.
    It's a fantastic track but of course the straight is very long and we
    know we're going to have a very hard battle on our hands. At least we can
    rely on the weather... I hope!"

Colin Edwards - "Crazy in a good way!"
    In stark contrast to the fortunes of Valentino Rossi at Mugello, for
    Colin Edwards it is one of his least successful circuits - with a best
    ever result of ninth place in both 2003 and 2005. However, Edwards' pace
    aboard the YZR-M1 at every kind of circuit so far this season gives him
    plenty of reason to think that he can end that barren run this Sunday.

"Mugello hasn't been one of my best GP tracks and I've never had a
    really great race there, but we're aiming to turn that around this time,"
    affirms Edwards. "Le Mans was a massive disappointment for everyone,
    especially after getting pole, but it was good to get back to work
    straight away and try to find out why it happened instead of sitting stewing
    over it for ten days. We know our bike is working brilliantly when we
    get everything right - qualifying is proving that at every race - but we
    really need to translate that to race conditions and to do this we need
    to make the most of every minute of practice.

"Mugello is an incredible place and the Italian fans are completely
    crazy, in a good way! The countryside is beautiful and you can't help but
    be inspired by the atmosphere. This is really crunch time now - six
    races in eight weeks with the first being Valentino's home race and the
    last, in the US, being mine. Let's hope we can kick the run off to a good
    start with a double podium in Mugello, finish it off in the same way at
    Laguna and try to do the same thing at all the ones in between too!"

Davide Brivio Team Director - "An interesting scenario"
    Fiat Yamaha Team Director Davide Brivio is eagerly anticipating a
    battle royale this weekend as his riders prepare to tackle Ducati at their
    home circuit. The Italian factory have won three of the first five races
    so far this season and are sure to make life difficult for Rossi and
    Edwards at Mugello. Brivio, however, is confident that the overall
    performance of the YZR-M1 will give his riders every chance of success.

"Of course Mugello is a very important race for us - firstly because it
    is in Italy and secondly because it comes at a key part of the season,
    at the start of six races in eight weeks," says Brivio. "Valentino has
    a great record there and at Yamaha we have been able to win with him
    for the past three seasons but this year it will be very difficult. We're
    working hard to improve the package available to both our riders and
    we'll see if that pays off here. I think we will be competitive but in
    racing you never know.

"For Colin the challenge is to convert his obvious potential in
    practice into a top result in the race. We know Mugello is not his favourite
    track but we've worked hard in recent weeks to give him a package he is
    happy with everywhere so hopefully that proves to be the case once free
    practice starts on Friday morning. It is an exciting weekend for the
    team and especially for Valentino because it is in Italy but it is also
    the home of Ducati and they will be very motivated, I'm sure. It's a
    very interesting scenario."

Valentino Rossi : Information

Lives: London, UK

Bike: Yamaha YZR-M1

GP victories: 85 (59 x MotoGP/500cc, 14 x 250cc, 12 x 125cc)

First GP victory: Czech Republic, 1996 (125cc)

First GP: Malaysia, 1996 (125cc)

GP starts: 179 (119 x MotoGP/500cc, 30 x 250cc, 30 x 125cc)

Pole positions: 48

World Championships: 7 Grand Prix (1 x 125cc, 1 x 250cc, 1 x 500cc, 4 x
    MotoGP)

Colin Edwards: Information

Lives: Conroe, Texas

Bike: Yamaha YZR-M1

First GP: JapΓ³n, 2003 (MotoGP)

GP starts: 71 x MotoGP

World Championships: 2 World Superbike

Mugello: Lap Record

M. Biaggi (Honda) 2005, 1'50.117

Mugello: Best Lap

S. Gibernau (Ducati) 2006, 1'48.969

Grand Prix Results: Mugello 2006

1. V. Rossi (Yamaha) 42'39.610

2. L. Capirossi (Ducati) +0.575

3. N. Hayden (Honda) +0.735

12. C. Edwards (USA) Yamaha +30.678

Yamaha Racing Communications
    Hoogte Kadijk 61 / 1018 BE Amsterdam / The Netherlands
    T. +31 (0) 20 625 6539 / F. +31 (0) 20 420 9470

KLOPY - PASTE

Italian GP - Rossi cautious ahead of home Grand Prix

Eurosport - Thu, 31 May 13:04:00 2007

Italian GP - Valentino Rossi is erring on the side of caution heading into this weekend's Italian Grand Prix, after his dismal showing in Le Mans.
    2007 Turkish GP Yamaha Rossi - 0

Rossi could only finish sixth at the French circuit as rain hit the race, but despite two days of intensive testing immediately after, he believes only small improvements have been made.

And he has no idea whether or not they will be enough to help him challenge championship leader Casey Stoner, who he trails by 21 points in the standings.

"We hoped that Le Mans would be a place where we might have been able to win back some points on Stoner, but unfortunately the weather played against us," said Rossi.

"We stayed in France for two days of testing and we made a lot of progress, especially with the tyres. We also tried some new engine modifications, just small details, which we think will help us in Mugello, we hope.

In the favour of the five-time world champion is the knowledge that he has won at his home event every year since 2002 - a record he shares with Brit Mike Hailwood, who won the Isle of Man five times between 1963 and 1967.

Should he add to his Spanish Grand Prix victory from earlier this year, he will become the most dominant rider at any one circuit in Moto GP history.

"As everyone knows I have a very special relationship with Mugello," he added. I have won there many times, including the last three years with Yamaha, and I've had some of the greatest races of my life there.

"Even though I will have a second home race this year at Misano, Mugello is something incredible and the fans and atmosphere there are always unbelievable.

"It's a fantastic track but of course the straight is very long and we know we're going to have a very hard battle on our hands."

Rossi's problem so far this year has been turning qualifying speed into race form as he has won just once in spite of starting from pole three times.

The contrast has been even more marked for his American team-mate Colin Edwards, who has taken only one podium this year despite currently enjoying the best qualifying form of his life - taking his first pole in France and only once starting from off the front row.

He lies only ninth in the championship and needs to up his performances soon if he is to convince Yamaha to re-sign him for next season rather than plumping for 250cc world champion Jorge Lorenzo.

"For Colin the challenge is to convert his obvious potential in practice into a top result in the race," said team director Davide Brivo.

"We know Mugello is not his favourite track but we've worked hard in recent weeks to give him a package he is happy with everywhere so hopefully that proves to be the case once free practice starts on Friday morning."

Όνομα:	4003784301.jpg 
Προβολές:	270 
Μέγεθος:	19,9 KB 
ID:	90821

KLOPY - PASTES 2

Italian GP - Capirossi gets improved package

Eurosport - Thu, 31 May 12:48:00 2007

Italian GP - Ducati have given Loris Capirossi a heavily-revised bike for his home Grand Prix at Mugello this weekend.
    2007 French GP Ducati Capirossi - 0

The 34-year-old Italian still had a chance of the 2006 title with two races to go but has struggled this time around to get used to the new 800cc GP7 machine and has been trounced by his championship-leading team-mate Casey Stoner.

Finally, after five races, Ducati have made changes he has been suggesting all season and given hima bike with new electronics and power delivery that he hopes will give him a chance of winning in Italy.

"Mugello seems to suit our bike, and it is also one of Loris' favourite tracks, where he has always been very competitive," said Ducati team director Filippo Preziosi.

"So, having listened to his feedback and analysed his data, we have prepared a new package to help him fight for the kind of results he's accustomed to achieving.

"These changes aim to modify the GP7's power delivery to offer rideability that's better suited to Lori's riding style. The changes include electronics - revised engine mapping and ride-by-wire set-up - and mechanics - revised cam timing and fluid-dynamics."

Capirossi, who has dropped to seventh in the championship - 64 points behind Stoner - is confident that he can bounce back strongly at the circuit where he has finished on the podium five times in the last seven years and won in 2000.

"Ducati are working closely with me to refine the bike to suit my style because I am eager to get back on the pace and race up front again," said Capirossi.

"Above all I'm convinced that we do have the potential to come back strong, we just need to stay focused and do our best at this race and at the following races."

Australian rider Stoner meanwhile, is fearing the challenge of his team-mate and of the other home riders Marco Melandri and Valentino Rossi - who is second in the championship, 21 points behind.

Despite that, he thinks the long main straight at the Tuscan circuit will play to the strengths of hid Ducati.

"I think the bike is going to be really strong, the track's got a nice main straight which helps and some nice fast and flowing corners which the Ducati should like, so we should be able to do all right," said Stoner.

"It would be a nice one to win but it's going to be really tough work beating Loris and the rest of the Italian riders."

Όνομα:	1979482022.jpg 
Προβολές:	259 
Μέγεθος:	17,0 KB 
ID:	90823

...TSIS GAMISES TSIS PASTES....

Italian GP - Jacque's back for Mugello

Eurosport - Thu, 31 May 10:40:00 2007

Italian GP - Olivier Jacque will return to Kawasaki for this weekend's Italian Grand Prix after recovering from an arm injury.
    2007 Testing Sepang Kawasaki Jacque - 0

The 33-year-old Frenchman has missed the last two races - including his home event - after ripping a hole in his right arm in practice for the Chinese Grand Prix.

But after a month's lay-off and an intense exercise programme, he is now ready to race again at Mugello.

"It was so hard for me to withdraw from the race in Le Mans, my home Grand Prix, because of my injured arm but it was physically impossible for me to race," said Jacque, the 250cc world champion in 2000.

"The doctor removed the stitches from my arm last week and since then I have worked really hard, following an intense programme of physiotherapy.

"I've recovered the strength in the arm and, even though it's still stiff, I can almost extend it fully. I am fit enough to ride a MotoGP bike at a good level."

Jacque resumes his ride after replacement Fonsi Nieto finished 11th at Le Mans aiming to better the ninth place he took at Mugello back in 2002.

Όνομα:	2170532921.jpg 
Προβολές:	253 
Μέγεθος:	10,9 KB 
ID:	90824

Σελίδα 1 από 5 12345 ΤελευταίοΤελευταίο

Παρόμοια θέματα

1. Moto gp Ιταλία 28/5/09
    από busa.gr στο forum Αγωνιστικά νέα
    Απαντήσεις: 0
    Τελευταίο μήνυμα: 22/02/2009, 13:30
  2. Moto Gp Qatar ΕΝΑΡΞΗ ΠΡΩΤΑΘΛΗΜΑΤΟΣ 9-03-2007
    από nktR στο forum Αγωνιστικά νέα