Σελίδα 1 από 3 123 ΤελευταίοΤελευταίο
Προβολή αποτελεσμάτων 1 έως 15 από 36

Θέμα: Motorcycle trip through Greece

Motorcycle trip through Greece

Hi mates,

I'm planning a motorcycle trip across south-eastern Europe and Greece is on my way. I plan to be in Greece on the 5th of August. I plan to come from Bulgaria and be heading to Igoumenitsa to catch the ferry to Italy (Bari or Brindisi).

I'll be really grateful if you share some tips to make my stay in Greece nicer. I have some specific questions:

1. Can you make some suggestions about the roads? I prefer to go on roads with nice views, turns, etc. I'd also prefer toll-free roads. Are there paid highways on my path?
    I'll be also happy to get info about interesting sights around my route. I plan to spend a couple of hours on the Aegean cost somewhere around Thessaloniki and maybe go to the city itsself and even have a beer with some of you :-)

2. How is the traffic police? Are there lots of speeding cameras or they rely more on under-cover police cars with radars? Are there any specific requirements like spare light bulbs or sth like that?

3. I have some url of sites for booking ferries but I didn't find a suitable one. Which is the best way to book a ferry, can you suggest a site? I'm looking for a nightly ferry on the 4th of August

4. It will be great if you can share info about motorcycle service and tyre repair centres along the way in case of emergency.

5. And of course everyone willing to join the trip in some part is welcome!

Thanks everyone!

πρωην μελος Το avatar του/της idi
    hi mate

one thing I can tell that you'll have NO problem with the local police!

just be careful of the road surface it’s in poor condition. thats all.

have a nice time in Greece and ride safe!

sosTa? ..... paliaaaa :-)

Re: Motorcycle trip through Greece

Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από vroomfundel
    Hi mates,

I'm planning a motorcycle trip across south-eastern Europe and Greece is on my way. I plan to be in Greece on the 5th of August. I plan to come from Bulgaria and be heading to Igoumenitsa to catch the ferry to Italy (Bari or Brindisi).

I'll be really grateful if you share some tips to make my stay in Greece nicer. I have some specific questions:

1. Can you make some suggestions about the roads? I prefer to go on roads with nice views, turns, etc. I'd also prefer toll-free roads. Are there paid highways on my path?
    I'll be also happy to get info about interesting sights around my route. I plan to spend a couple of hours on the Aegean cost somewhere around Thessaloniki and maybe go to the city itsself and even have a beer with some of you :-)

2. How is the traffic police? Are there lots of speeding cameras or they rely more on under-cover police cars with radars? Are there any specific requirements like spare light bulbs or sth like that?

3. I have some url of sites for booking ferries but I didn't find a suitable one. Which is the best way to book a ferry, can you suggest a site? I'm looking for a nightly ferry on the 4th of August

4. It will be great if you can share info about motorcycle service and tyre repair centres along the way in case of emergency.

5. And of course everyone willing to join the trip in some part is welcome!

Thanks everyone!

wait up a little bit and we'll manage to give you answers to all your questions ...

hopefully you'll get maps and directions ....

there are though some missing information about your trip.

firstly, on what bike you are going to make this trip ...

secondly, what is your general plan (countries, distance, days, etc.)

and most important, is your passing from greece planned to last just one day or more?

regards,

Nostra

1. Any winding mountain road is guaranteed to be nice. Avoid Egnatia Highway - boring stuff. Take the "old road" instead from Kalambaka to Ioannina though the Katara's pass. Careful with the road conditions though, especially in warm days

2. Be sure you slow down when passing though the villages or small towns- it's likely they might stop you there. No specific requirements and usually traditional radar holding cops.

3. http://www.minoan.gr/index.asp?a_id=226

http://www.superfast.com/

take care and enjoy your trip
    71°1′8″N 25°47′50″E
    48°07'01.6"N 1°27'50.9"W

Le Servonais

Hi again spam-loving mates :-)

Thanks for the posts containing useful info! Now some more about my trip:

There are two bikes confirmed, Honda CB 500 and Suzuki V-Storm 650
    We plan to spend only one day in Greece but we will sleep in tents near the Greek border so we'll have the whole day.

Then we're heading north through Italy, then Austria, Hungary, Romania and back to Bulgaria

So, any more advices are pretty welcome :-) More specifically some directions to a nice peace of beach to have a rest and other nice sights and road suggestions.

Ογκόλιθος Το avatar του/της Sapadak
    Super Moderator
    Where are you from mate?

The suggestion to stay one more day here is

Bulgaria

So, any more advices are pretty welcome :-) More specifically some directions to a nice peace of beach to have a rest and other nice sights and road suggestions.
    I suppose you will enter Greece from Koulata?

You can go south to Thessaloniki, stop over there for a coffee at the seaside Nikis avenue or Aristotelous square (lots of girls passing by ) and then head south towards Katerini. Plenty of beaches there, then you can go round past Mt Olympus from the east side of the mountain through Tyrnavo and then to Kalambaka-Ioannina.

From Ioannina you may either take the highway (if you 're in a hurry) or choose the smaller road to Igoumenitsa - recommended if you have time

71°1′8″N 25°47′50″E
    48°07'01.6"N 1°27'50.9"W

Le Servonais

Yes, Cpt. Haddock, we'll avoid the highway, i've heard that the small road from Ioanina to Igoumenitsa is really nice

And btw isn't meteora somewhere on the way? Can we see something interesting there if we just pass by for a couple of hours

Ογκόλιθος Το avatar του/της Sapadak
    Super Moderator
    A nice Bulgaria.

I have some Q's as well if you dont mind

I will be passing through Bulgaria to go to Serbia.

What are the roads like there?

Any tolls?

Meteora isnt on your way to Ioannina

sosTa? ..... paliaaaa :-)
    Yes, Cpt. Haddock, we'll avoid the highway, i've heard that the small road from Ioanina to Igoumenitsa is really nice

And btw isn't meteora somewhere on the way? Can we see something interesting there if we just pass by for a couple of hours
    have you checked the itineraries from igoumenitsa to italy?

your stay (transit) in greece will be depended very much on when is your departure from igoumenitsa!

i guess you can't do everything in one day!

coffee at downtown thessaloniki, beach near katerini, sightseeing of Meteora and be on time for the ship...

Yeap, Kalambaka is on the foothill of Meteora

71°1′8″N 25°47′50″E
    48°07'01.6"N 1°27'50.9"W

Le Servonais

M.A.E.Θ.Ρ.Α.Τ. Το avatar του/της sniper
    Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από Cpt. Haddock
    I suppose you will enter Greece from Koulata?

You can go south to Thessaloniki, stop over there for a coffee at the seaside Nikis avenue or Aristotelous square (lots of girls passing by ) and then head south towards Katerini. Plenty of beaches there, then you can go round past Mt Olympus from the east side of the mountain through Tyrnavo and then to Kalambaka-Ioannina.

From Ioannina you may either take the highway (if you 're in a hurry) or choose the smaller road to Igoumenitsa - recommended if you have time

I heard some rummors going around that Triumph will take back the Tiger because of your abuse of the English Language
    Αλίμονο σ’ αυτούς που δεν ξέρουν ότι δεν ξέρουν αυτά που δεν ξέρουν.

Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από Sapadak
    Meteora isnt on your way to Ioannina
    Meteora IS on his way

71°1′8″N 25°47′50″E
    48°07'01.6"N 1°27'50.9"W

Le Servonais

Αρχικά δημιουργήθηκε από sniper
    I heard some rummors going around that Triumph will take back the Tiger because of your abuse of the English Language
    bugger off, Nick

(the usual crap 2night?)
    71°1′8″N 25°47′50″E
    48°07'01.6"N 1°27'50.9"W

Le Servonais

Σελίδα 1 από 3 123 ΤελευταίοΤελευταίο

Παρόμοια θέματα

1. Custom 'n' Chopper motorcycle club of Greece
    από wodan στο forum Όλα τα μοντέλα χωρίς δική τους κατηγορία...
    Απαντήσεις: 1
    Τελευταίο μήνυμα: 27/11/2009, 14:57
  2. Κολλημένο trip master
    από lefteris777 στο forum Honda Africa
    Απαντήσεις: 2
    Τελευταίο μήνυμα: 24/09/2004, 07:11
  3. Motorcycle για το CBR1000RR
    από Wizard13 στο forum Νέα
    Απαντήσεις: 10
    Τελευταίο μήνυμα: 25/06/2004, 12:09
  4. moto trips foto album by mm
    από monstermind στο forum Πληροφορίες